Tower V.4

Ntropolis

I, myself is not impressed on v.4. It's almost like making some themes splicing orchestral & contemporary without being brassy (like v.3 was). And although many love v.3 (and some with v.2), nothing can top the original Tower. I hope WMAQ doesn't used this new installment.

I, myself is not impressed on v.4. It's almost like making some themes splicing orchestral & contemporary without being brassy (like v.3 was). And although many love v.3 (and some with v.2), IMHO nothing can top v1. I hope WMAQ doesn't used this new installment.

I, myself is not impressed on v.4. It's almost like making some themes splicing orchestral & contemporary without being brassy (like v.3 was). And although many love v.3 (and some with v.2), IMHO nothing can top v.1. I hope WMAQ doesn't used this new installment.

In my book, the best 615 Music NBC Packages are: Impact v.4, Tower v.1, and Tower v.3 (in no particular order).

This is a meh. Way better than most recent revision of the Viper, but not particularly exciting either. It does sound like it works with the new O&O graphics, though. Might work better with WNBC than the current Gari package.

Their symphonic packages are bold, powerful, and memorable. Other packages they then roll out sound weak by comparison. They're perfect when your goal is to not have your graphics and music overshadow your content (which is respectable), but if you're trying to brand around an image or signature, some of their newer works may not be your best choice. Some of the signatures of new packages are a little complicated. I agree with some of the previous comments about Impact V.4 and Tower V.3 -- they are amazing.

I like how this V4 really ties in some elements from V1, at least in my opinion it sounds like there's a few more V1 elements than V2 or V3 have. But V3 is really really good. A lot of 615's stuff is just amazing, and maybe I'm just weird, but I find The Unexpected to be good...I think if it's put to the right branding, the right VO and the right graphics, it's not bad, it needs a few more themes though.

Call me crazy. Listen to that theme again and notice that the open sounds alot like NBC News Now's. Might NBCU have commissioned them for a new theme for WTVJ? That's my guess since the sales off.

Also listen to :40 on, some elements sound just like the tease cut that was used on WTVJ until 2003

Call me crazy. Listen to that theme again and notice that the open sounds alot like NBC News Now's. Might NBCU have commissioned them for a new theme for WTVJ? That's my guess since the sales off.

Also listen to :40 on, some elements sound just like the tease cut that was used on WTVJ until 2003

Heh glad to know I wasn't the only one who spotted those glaring similarities.

Archived