KTLA NEWS @ 6:30pm

News4LA

At the Prime News this evening, Wednesday, Emmet & Lelia announced that KTLA was starting a 6:30 pm newscast staring at January 19th.

That's good to hear. A 6:30 newscast, I thought KTTV would take on this.

Hmmmm. Same practice as what WGN Channel 9 & KWGN 2 did last late summer with their new 5:30pm shows. It's interesting that they're pulling this through. I hope it all works out.

Wonder if this means that WPIX is on the table to get one as well.

Hmmmm. Same practice as what WGN Channel 9 & KWGN 2 did last late summer with their new 5:30pm shows. It's interesting that they're pulling this through. I hope it all works out.
It won't work with those anchors. Both need to go. For that matter, so does most of the on-air staff at KTLA.

L.A. has needed a later newscast than 6PM, though.

I was in disbelief when I saw Leila Feinstein was the primary anchor for a weekday primetime newscast in DMA #2. She was a fill-in anchor on the independent KRON before she went to KTLA.

What does a local station's affiliation (or lack thereof) have to do with the personalities they have now or have had in the past? That independent stations hire lesser quality talent? I don't get it.

What does a local station's affiliation (or lack thereof) have to do with the personalities they have now or have had in the past? That independent stations hire lesser quality talent? I don't get it.

I don't think that he was referring to KRON's affiliation but rather that Leila was a fill-in anchor in San Francisco and now is a main anchor. However, Leila was the weekend sports anchor before she was promoted to the weekday 10pm news. IMO I think that she and Emmett bring nothing to the newscast (i.e. credibility, stability, or anything that will interest viewers), they are quite boring and they are the typical Ken and Barbie anchor team. It would be nice if KTLA hired John Beard (or someone of that caliber;David Jackson or Kerry Kilbride come to mind), that could bring credibility to KTLA.

Archived