CBS 2 swaps 'Judy' and 'Phil'

former newsboy

Starting next week, Dr. Phil at 3PM and Judge Judy at 4PM on CBS 2. (Saw a commercial).

So will 'Judy' be a better lead-in to the 5PM news (as I'm sure is Cohen's aim here)? And what happened to Dr. Phil? When it replaced the 4PM news, ratings were pretty strong. Of course, I don't think they ever justified the hefty price-tag. If the show's struggling, could we see Cohen/Kiernan adding back more news? Maybe at least a 4:30 half-hour like Channel 2 used to have for years?

Starting next week, Dr. Phil at 3PM and Judge Judy at 4PM on CBS 2. (Saw a commercial).

So will 'Judy' be a better lead-in to the 5PM news (as I'm sure is Cohen's aim here)? And what happened to Dr. Phil? When it replaced the 4PM news, ratings were pretty strong. Of course, I don't think they ever justified the hefty price-tag. If the show's struggling, could we see Cohen/Kiernan adding back more news? Maybe at least a 4:30 half-hour like Channel 2 used to have for years?

I think Dr. Phil's ratings are lower nationally than they used to be and it is probably not providing quite the lead in that it used to. Judge Judy's ratings nationally are higher than Dr. Phil. Personally, I can't stand Dr. Phil's show on most days and won't watch it.

I'd prefer Guiding Light back at 2pm but they can't run Rachael Ray at 9 because it can't compete with Oprah since Harpo produces it (same with Dr. Phil), so I guess Guiding Light is staying put.

Archived