Seven's on the move

justin2kx

A favorite jingle of mine popped into my mind recently so i searched on the now defunct 80stvthemes.com website through archive.org and checked out the promos (local) section and hear the lyrics to this:

Seven's on the move

The sun keeps going up and down

but it's got nothing on this town

nothing ever slows you down

Chicago's on the move

Whatever is up, What's in the air

We'll light the spot, we'll take you there

We'd try out and we'll be there

Seven's on the move

Seven's on the move, Chicago

Keeping up with you, Chicago

The moving's on

Seven on the move

A special place's that winning smile

kick off your shoes and stay awhile

Chicago, we love lots of style

Seven's on the move, it's on the move, it's on the move

Seven's on the move, Chicago

Keeping up with you, Chicago

The moving's on

Seven on the Move!

Here's the description from the website:

WLS Seven's on the move (1984)

I'm not sure if this had to do with the station physically moving to a new building or not, but the lyrics make it sound that way.

For those who didn't have a chance to listen before the takedown or those who want to listen again, you can download this, click "open" or click "save" then right click the file and "open with" realplayer to hear:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070403145114/http://www.80stvthemes.com/ra/121999/WLSMOVE.ra

About the description, could it be stating the fact about the resurgence to the number one spot previously held by WBBM, if so, when? I think it may be about the popular anchors or teams like John drury and Mary ann childers or the fact that they're number one signon to signoff (different from being number one as a news station) How many years have they been at the old building before they moved to the new studio? Or is it basically just an image song about Chicago?

Thoughts?

Archived