WFLD's New Mic Flags

lazynetjunkie

I don't know if anyone here has already noticed, FOX Chicago got some brand new mic flags. No more ugly "FOX News Chicago" logo that nobody here seemed to like. It's now just the plain FOX Chicago logo with the words "FOX" in the blue part and "Chicago" on the bottom red part. The "FOX News Chicago" logo is being phased out of almost everything in favor for the regular "FOX Chicago" logo. The new flag can be seen in the new report videos on myfoxchicago.com.

I noticed it during last night's newscasts (Monday). I hope they change their music too when they make the move to the HD studio next month/early June. The more they go back to their independent roots of not looking/sounding like the other FOX O&Os, the better.

I noticed it during last night's newscasts (Monday). I hope they change their music too when they make the move to the HD studio next month/early June. The more they go back to their independent roots of not looking/sounding like the other FOX O&Os, the better.

Who knows what changes may come..

Eversince Fowler came in, alot of changes have been made.. The switch to HD (and construction of the new studio/set) have been accelerated. The format of "The Ten" has been toned down quite a bit. No more use of non-theme music on the evening newscasts (except for the lotto bumps). The cuts of the theme music have also been changed to more of the regular full base theme of the package and cuts made more consistant throughout the newscast.. However, the very low number of music cuts currently used is only temporary due to switching over to some of the new machines/computers. The direction the station is going now is going back to the way they were throughout '90s all the way until Jacobson got the axe a few years ago. They are trying to make themselves more competitive in the Chicago market again instead of the company standardized format.

Archived