Gah!

ElliotJones

Our broadcasts are pushing some of the anchors tweeting. Also' date=' the talent have been ordered to start Facebook pages.[/quote']

they are ordered???

it would seem that have some lackey in the newsroom do the pages or the tweets

Here in Chicago, one station is really encouraging their on-air talent to create a facebook page. Don't be surprised, alot of actual on-air anchors, reporters, etc. actually maintain their own facebook pages and make their own tweets. Of course, there are newsroom lackeys there to help if needed..

However, most of the talent I know that make a facebook profile really have 2 different facebook profiles. They have their public profile for fans and viewers to be their friends and to post things they don't mind being public and their private one (usually set to private view) for family, close friends, etc. and they won't friend accept anyone unless they know him or her.

Let see: In St. Louis, Christine Buck of KPLR, Glenn Zimmerman of KTVI, and Russell Kinsaul of KMOV. And there's a contest between Buck and Zimmerman to get as many Facebook friends as possible.

As for twitter: KMOV, KPLR, and KTVI have twitter pages. KSDK doesn't know how teh internets work, yet.

they are ordered???

it would seem that have some lackey in the newsroom do the pages or the tweets

That may be the case in some shops. I've actually seen several of our on-air people maintain their pages -- usually the ones that are open to the idea in the first place. lazynetjunkie hit the nail on the head:

However, most of the talent I know that make a facebook profile really have 2 different facebook profiles. They have their public profile for fans and viewers to be their friends and to post things they don't mind being public and their private one (usually set to private view) for family, close friends, etc. and they won't friend accept anyone unless they know him or her.

Let see: In St. Louis, Christine Buck of KPLR, Glenn Zimmerman of KTVI, and Russell Kinsaul of KMOV. And there's a contest between Buck and Zimmerman to get as many Facebook friends as possible.

As for twitter: KMOV, KPLR, and KTVI have twitter pages. KSDK doesn't know how teh internets work, yet.

I think KSDK is now picking up on Twitter, at least some of the talent is, because the talent are now using it!!

Archived