Inappropriately dressed female anchors

Guest cfif

Do the female anchors in your market dress like, shall I say.......whores?

Tampa certainly has a problem with that....but it's mainly two people

#1 The biggest offender in DMA 12 is WFLA's Gayle Guyardo. She always tries to show off her "body", which isn't really that good. Here are some quotes from various posters at FLNewsCenter.

Has anyone else noticed that she (Guyardo) finds a way to show off her body on nearly every morning newscast she does. I was flipping channels and saw her rolling around on a ball in what looked like gym clothes. Then I was like, "Hey, she's done this before!" Sure enough, a couple days later, there she was again.

Gayle: "Hey look at me! Look at how great I look. AND I just had kids. Do you see how great I look? No? Well, watch as I roll around in my sports bra and spandex on the floor. Some people say I look like a dying turtle, but I say it's SEXY!!

This morning I saw gayle wearing a blue shirt and her belly button was showing. what is the station thinking?

Not only that....she has no talent. She's had TAPED promos she's stumbled through.

#2 Heather Van Nest at WTSP. Seen regularly wearing tight jeans and shirts. I'd really have no problem with this, as with Guyardo, if she had talent. She's another WTSP airhead, though.

#3 Gloria Gomez at WTVT. Not much to say, she just doesn't dress professionally.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

This sounds sort of like a job for SuitSnob, unless he doesn't do fashion reports on female anchors lol.

And don't call me sexist, because I believe male and female anchors should be required to dress professionally.

Actually..this market doesn't really have "whorey" anchors. I guess the "whoreiest" one would be Vanessa Van Heyfte... mainly with her hair..but other than that..the women here dress nicely. Only a new KWQC anchor ALWAYS wears blue, green, or turquoise..and it's annoying

I don't know if this is whorey, but one of my favorites from Regina Mobley...

wvec_reginassuit.jpg

Well in her defense, Regina is just scary looking.

In Philly the "what is she thinking?" award goes to Pat Cirrocchi. Pat is a seasoned veteran at 3 and doesn't need to be dressing like some Atlantic City hooker. Many a time she has dress with a low cut blouse showing off her wrinkly freckled cleavage (the sheer thought of this is bad enough) and a leather mini skirt. Now if that's not whorish I dunno what is.

KCOP.

Oh wait. Trashy clothes for trashy television.

I was just going to say that.

But yeah, Lauren Sanchez did dress quite nice (for a large-market newscast destined to break away from the traditional rut)...until she got pregnant and then lost the "So You Think You Can Dance" hosting gig to Cat Deeley. I think she's still pissed about that.

Jonathan Allen

Archived