"Just Turn To 2"

lazynetjunkie

Hey, remember this WBBM image campaign from 2004?

I loved it, including the Christmas versions, and I think they should have stuck with it a while longer.. I remember the instrumental only versions being used in other CBS 2 promos too.

The more I think of it, they could have made a whole news music package based off this song and it would have worked out better than what they have now..

The more I think of it, they could have made a whole news music package based off this song and it would have worked out better than what they have now..

What do they have now? After the plug was pulled on the annoying "Heart of Chicago" promos, I don't think I've seen any station promos at all lately.

As much as people gave them flack for it, "CBS 2 Works for YOU" is the best promotional/image campaign they have had in the past 10-15 yrs.. Sure..it was a little cheesy, but there was a sense that they really were "working for you" and that they, at the very least, were headed in the right direction regarding news content/news-gathering.

Once that era ended, so did their commitment to being the/doing their absolute best in my opinion. While I can't attest to what went on/goes on behind the scenes, their public image took a major hit that they have yet to overcome.

Archived