Paul Moyer Not Coming Back For Final Broadcast

CalItalian2

I really doubt KNBC, or any other station, would want to give him that satisfaction anyway.
He took the buy-out. We've seen plenty of others, including Rick Garcia, have a final broadcast.

He's still on the on-air promos. Just saw one after the Channel 4 News at 6 on Sunday.

The way stations are being very financially managed now, he'll never be back on the air. Nobody will offer him anything anywhere near what he was making and he isn't going to accept much less.. It's pretty much the end of the high paid multi-million dollar anchor era.

These articles coming out about this story are starting to really show viewers the type of guy he is.. Especially with quotes like, "I just didn't feel there was anything to gain by going back and working for another few weeks" and "What really touches me is they thank me for being there"..

Dude, you don't even have to come back for a few weeks. Just come back 1 day to say thank you to the viewers at the end of the newscast. You don't need to have a big goodbye. Just end the newscast Bob Barker style by thanking viewers for for all these great years of high pay. No need for any memory montage videos or special graphics. Paul Moyer isn't even mentioning a thank you to the viewers in the articles/interviews.. If anything, saying thanks is how you gain your viewers continuing respect..

I've seen this happen here in Chicago too with another very high paid anchor (who I won't name but Chicagoans know who I'm talking about).. The day she was released, she was offered and encouraged to do one more newscast to say thank you and goodbye that day but she turned that down. She'll never be on the air in this market again..

The way stations are being very financially managed now, he'll never be back on the air. Nobody will offer him anything anywhere near what he was making and he isn't going to accept much less.. It's pretty much the end of the high paid multi-million dollar anchor era.

These articles coming out about this story are starting to really show viewers the type of guy he is.. Especially with quotes like, "I just didn't feel there was anything to gain by going back and working for another few weeks" and "What really touches me is they thank me for being there"..

Dude, you don't even have to come back for a few weeks. Just come back 1 day to say thank you to the viewers at the end of the newscast. You don't need to have a big goodbye. Just end the newscast Bob Barker style by thanking viewers for for all these great years of high pay. No need for any memory montage videos or special graphics. Paul Moyer isn't even mentioning a thank you to the viewers in the articles/interviews.. If anything, saying thanks is how you gain your viewers continuing respect..

I've seen this happen here in Chicago too with another very high paid anchor (who I won't name but Chicagoans know who I'm talking about).. The day she was released, she was offered and encouraged to do one more newscast to say thank you and goodbye that day but she turned that down. She'll never be on the air in this market again..

But then again, what would Ann Martin or Harold Greene say?

Kelly Lange did come back to another station, CBS 2. Woman to Woman. What a horrible show.

The name alone suggests it. Why would anyone want to label a major market "news" program for women only. Soap operas (another suffering format) are some of the most female targeted programs, but they do not come out and tell people "ABC Daytime: Men go away, It's all ladies all day." There are a couple male viewers out there!

• 2 weeks later...
The name alone suggests it. Why would anyone want to label a major market "news" program for women only.

I was under the impression that KCBS was trying to build off the popularity of The View, which had recently debuted, with Woman 2 Woman. Same thing with the failed Later Today, et al. Obviously it didn't work since both shows were quickly canned. Theoretically, the only place where something like this would work is in a major market... I think KLBK in Lubbock tried it as well in the 4:30pm timeslot as "CBS13 News for Women" (pandering on the scale of placing Sarah Palin on the GOP ticket, IMO). Also failed.

Back on topic, who's KNBC's main co-anchor now with Colleen Williams? Chuck Henry?

Back on topic, who's KNBC's main co-anchor now with Colleen Williams? Chuck Henry?

Currently it's Colleen doing the 5pm hour solo, Ana Garcia & Chuck doing the 6pm & Colleen and Chuck doing the 11pm.

NBC4 will be paying tribute today to Paul Moyer @ 5:30pm
The pre-recorded part, unfortunately without Paul live which followed it, is up on the NBC Los Angeles website. I don't have a direct link so I don't know how long it will be up http://www.nbclosangeles.com/station/as_seen_on/Video_Los_Angeles.html It's great to watch. A MUST watch.

The pre-recorded part, unfortunately without Paul live which followed it, is up on the NBC Los Angeles website. I don't have a direct link so I don't know how long it will be up http://www.nbclosangeles.com/station/as_seen_on/Video_Los_Angeles.html It's great to watch. A MUST watch.

That's nice, though I would have loved to have seen his work during the KABC days in the 80's and early 90's, covering the LA Riots, the Olympics, the pope's visit in 1987, the 80/84/88 elections, working with Ann Martin (especially Ann Martin), Jerry Dunphy, Christine Lund, Dr. George, and the rest of them.....Too Bad, KABC wouldn't give him that respect.

Archived