Los Angeles Area Analog Shut Off Times Posted

teamfx

This just in...

This message is for those of you in the Los Angeles market. If you aren't sure of which station to tune in to when the analog shut off happens, get those TiVos ready. We at this message forum got you covered. Thanks to the good people at KCBS and KCAL-TV, here's a comprehensive schedule for when broadcast stations in Greater Los Angeles will go digital-only on June 12th. Please note that this list applies only to television stations on the VHF band. In order of appearance, here they are.

KNBC - 6 AM

KABC - 12 Noon

KCBS - 1 PM

KCAL - 1 PM

KTLA - 10:45 PM

KTTV - 11:45 PM

KCOP - 11:45 PM

This just in...

This message is for those of you in the Los Angeles market. If you aren't sure of which station to tune in to when the analog shut off happens, get those TiVos ready. We at this message forum got you covered. Thanks to the good people at KCBS and KCAL-TV, here's a comprehensive schedule for when broadcast stations in Greater Los Angeles will go digital-only on June 12th. Please note that this list applies only to television stations on the VHF band. In order of appearance, here they are.

KNBC - 6 AM

KABC - 12 Noon

KCBS - 1 PM

KCAL - 1 PM

KTLA - 10:45 PM

KTTV - 11:45 PM

KCOP - 11:45 PM

I'm so tuning in! But I thought it would all be at midnight.

• 1 month later...
Link to blog post featuring YouTube links...
For the record, KTTV didn't switch in the middle of a commercial. The last set of spots on both KTTV and KCOP before Midnight were public service announcements. KCOP actually was the last VHF to go off at 11:59 which isn't reflected in the link at all.

Guest Former Member 207

I did the first scan on Friday afternoon, around 5pm. I initially had KCBS on 9.1, instead of 2.1, and didn't get KCAL (or KABC) at all. KNBC and KTLA, by far, had the strongest signals. However, when I got up Saturday morning, I re-scanned, and every station I could recieve came (including KCAL on 9.1 and KCBS on 2.1), but couldn't get KCET back.

• 4 weeks later...

BTW as a footnote: KCBS stopped airing those DTV PSA's and shut off it's Nightlight service at 1:00 am on Sunday July 12, 2009...Hence the end of all full power analog tv as we know it.

Archived