Station Bugs that need squashing

KKyuubi

KDNL and KTVI seem to be confused about which bug to use.

KDNL alternates between the "News30" ABC30 (1995-2001) and the newer ABC30 bug (2004-Present). Syndicated programs have one, and the network programming has the other.

KDNL

kdnl10012005_paid.jpg "Old" ABC30

kdnl09302006_promop2.jpg "New" ABC30

KTVI seems to be similarly befuddled. The New O&O logo doesn't seem to show up except during FOX2 news and on occasion in the syndicated programming (I'll try to get a KTVI-DT bug to reference the screenshot below, as I can find a web sourced new bug).

ktvi5pSa10012005_02hline.jpg "Old FOX2"

I'm from the "pick one" school of though regarding bugs.

I only mentioned the bug issues with KDNL because of Cfif's referencing of WTTA's "humongous" bug. Can't they make that a bit smaller?

Which Station Bugs (for anything), do you think need "squashing" or a major revamp?

I personally think the new ABC News bug, WAY TOO BUSY, animates too frequently, gets distracting!

i liked it better when each newscast had its own animated bug

Which Station Bugs (for anything), do you think need "squashing" or a major revamp?

I personally think the new ABC News bug, WAY TOO BUSY, animates too frequently, gets distracting!

YES! I love the bug, its very cool looking, but to distracting.

WISN 12 Milwaukee. Too big, and it usually hovers out in the middle of nowhere, well away from the network bug. When it doesn't do that, it ends up colliding with the network bug, and just ends up looking extremely tacky.

Here's an example of the former, stolen from gizmodo:

abc_hdtv.jpg

The Mobile-Pensacola market's CW Television Network affiliate WBPG has a that logo appears twice every half-hour to serve as a station identification and as an on-screen reminder. Why not a traditional station ID, WBPG?

Wbpg_logo.jpg

The Mobile-Pensacola market's CW Television Network affiliate WBPG has a that logo appears twice every half-hour to serve as a station identification and as an on-screen reminder. Why not a traditional station ID, WBPG?

Because stations don't like to do traditional ID's. You should see WMOR's....their list of translators isn't readable in their little ID. (They have one in St. Petersburg, New Port Richey, and one in Venice about 3 miles away from my house)

WAVY's a real bad offender of the on-screen IDs... WVEC's isn't too bad. WAVY puts theirs up after Today starts in the morning (they run right into Today). WVBT's isn't bad. WTKR doesn't have one.

wvec_onscreen_ID.jpgwavyonscreenID.jpg

WVBT22.jpg

Archived