Mobile "LIVE" Vehicles

ChoprHopr

Are there any stations out there who are regularly using a dedicated SUV vehicle outfitted with digital microwave gear and onbaord cameras that are broadcasting live WHILE MOVING doing traffic, spot or breaking news, or speacial weather reports?

Up here in New England, I believe WCVB or WHDH has a vehicle like this that they use for live traffic reports from the road while rolling.

I AM NOT tallking about a SUV live truck with a mast or dish like a "Wolf-Pack"... lots of stations have them. But I am talking about ground vehicle that is basically decked out like a news helicopter that can broadcast live while on the move.

Any stations out there with this capability? Post some pics if you can!

KFOR in OKC outfitted a bunch of their Explorers/Storm chasing vehicles w/ live capabilites and dubbed it "SkyLink 4" about 10 years ago. I think KOCO & KWTV have similar systems as well, most likely since the other stations have their own chase teams.

Archived