MSNBC debuts new look

TennTV1983

What do you think about MSNBC's new look?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about MSNBC's new look?

• Love It
    • Hate It
    • Don't know
    • Who gives a ****!

The only thing that I think MAY become annoying is the header/upper 3rd?? When people are talking it feels like their head is scrunched in, but that may just be me. I kind of like them, I don't like the gray color of the crawl...it's a little difficult to read.

Hmmm.....let's see:

The upper bar feels like an element taken from their election coverage style, though it almost feels like it's too big, but then again, the network is likely to work on fixing the camera angles and such (you'd think) to make sure it doesn't look bad.

The scroller is a great build around topics, similar to the one used on CNNi before the white washed era. The only issue there would be that the font's contrast is hard to read on a smaller television, but even on a larger one from a distance I would suppose. The scroller doesn't need to be made HUGE, but it needs to be a little bit more black on white than gray on white.

The intro's are a different strategy, in essence flipping a card to show the network logo, then go into live video. A nice change from the traditional word or plain logo flying out at you that most of the networks do.

Overall, I think there's some kinks to fix, but I'm interested to see how they'll utilize this in whole as a network considering more of their day is turning into named programming vs. rolling live news coverage.

Archived