Channel 4 News needs a change.

hawgrdnsguy

It's time major overhaul at KNBC starting hiring and keeping better writers,anchors and producers especially those who more familiar with LA and California. Better graphic package, a new (or older established moniker like News 4 LA or News Channel 4) New music package. Its a shame that Channel 4 has fallen down on hard times.

It's time major overhaul at KNBC starting hiring and keeping better writers,anchors and producers especially those who more familiar with LA and California. Better graphic package, a new (or older established moniker like News 4 LA or News Channel 4) New music package. Its a shame that Channel 4 has fallen down on hard times.

If they ever reused an established name for the news, I think that "News 4 LA" would be the best one. If WNBC can change back to "News 4 New York," then I think that KNBC can certainly become "News 4 LA" again.

I don't think anyone or anything can help The Channel 4 News right now. As a former viewer, you can tell they got hit really hard by budget cuts. It just seems a shell of its former self. Between the bad transition to automation (teleprompter freezes, wrong video played, horrific audio problems, SD videos 4:3 streched to 16:9 ratio ...) to the lack the of local coverage.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this will be the year that CBS2 or should I say Newscentral takes over the strong number 2 english speaking stations position in LA and NBC4 falls to a distant 3rd.

Only some infusion of cash from NBC can help NBC4 and that isn't going to happen soon in this economy.

PS I like the News 4 LA idea.

I don't think anyone or anything can help The Channel 4 News right now. As a former viewer, you can tell they got hit really hard by budget cuts. It just seems a shell of its former self. Between the bad transition to automation (teleprompter freezes, wrong video played, horrific audio problems, SD videos 4:3 streched to 16:9 ratio ...) to the lack the of local coverage.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this will be the year that CBS2 or should I say Newscentral takes over the strong number 2 english speaking stations position in LA and NBC4 falls to a distant 3rd.

Only some infusion of cash from NBC can help NBC4 and that isn't going to happen soon in this economy.

PS I like the News 4 LA idea.

Bring back the famous six-note tune!

Bring back the famous six-note tune!

I think that your proposal sounds like a great idea, being that the signature you are speaking of is part of 11 years of KNBC's history, spanning from the NewsCenter theme and lasting all the way through when the station used NBC Premier. Also, that six note signature, which was part of the aformentioned chunk of NBC 4's history of broadcasted news music is also an original sound, is not currently used anywhere in the country! All of the information presented here stems from a recent search on Southern Media's News Music Archive.

By the way, if KNBC were to keep the graphics that they have currently, the second cut that plays in Southern Media's sampler of NBC Premier would be great if edited to fit their open sequence as we see it currently. The edit would be done such that the six-note sig., as featured at that great sounding point where it teams up with the powerful combo of bass drums ,and also some pronounced brass (which by the way, makes for a great denouement for an open cut), were to play at the ending part of the open graphic sequence right when the "Channel 4 News" logo shows up. That's one idea....

Archived