Oprah, Dr. Oz will compete for viewers here (Richmond)

tw-804

Contractually, "Dr. Oz" is prohibited from airing opposite Winfrey's talk show. But the Richmond market will be an exception.

"Oprah" now airs at 4 on WRIC, replacing "Deal or No Deal" and "8 News at 4:30". WRIC added a 5 and 5:30 newscast last week. "Dr. Oz" premieres Monday at 4 on WTVR, moving "Ellen" to 10am.

More from today's Times-Dispatch...

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/entertainment/television/article/SYND12_20090911-212402/292211/

Update: I put it in the wrong section. Can someone move it, please?

Also, I believe, for contracual reasons Dr. Phil cannot compete against Oprah in a given market. However, I noticed that Dr. Oz will be competing with Dr. Phil in some markets such as NY where they will both air at 3PM (Dr. Oz will air on WNYW and Dr. Phil aires on WCBS). So I guess this agreement regarding not competing with Oprah doesn't exsist between Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz, both Harpo shows as well.

Also, I believe, for contracual reasons Dr. Phil cannot compete against Oprah in a given market. However, I noticed that Dr. Oz will be competing with Dr. Phil in some markets such as NY where they will both air at 3PM (Dr. Oz will air on WNYW and Dr. Phil aires on WCBS). So I guess this agreement regarding not competing with Oprah doesn't exsist between Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz, both Harpo shows as well.

It's the same thing in Nashville with Dr. Phil jumping over to WKRN (after being on WSMV since the beginning) and competing against Dr. Oz on WSMV (The Doctors used to air at 3pm but is being moved to 11am on WKRN to accomodate Dr. Phil).

WMC-TV in Memphis is airing all of the Harpo shows back-to-back-to-back (with the exception of Rachael Ray, which airs at 11am, and The Doctors, which airs on WPTY and "competes" against Dr. Phil).

It's just being aired at 11 AM here in St. Louis on KSDK (home to Oprah at 4). It's weird here because the 4th hour of the Today show aired at that time since at 10 AM they aired a news cast and a rerun of Show-Me St. Louis, even though KSDK has a 1 hour long newscast at noon.

Anyways Dr. OZ won't compete against Dr. Phil here in St Louis but will compete against Dr. Phil in Kansas City (both are on at 3 on KSHB and KMBC respectively)

Archived