Rob Morrison to CBS 2 News

Geoffrey

I do not see why WCBS made this hire. I'm sure that Rob Morrison is a competent anchor, but the weekend morning newscasts seemed to be running smoothly with Mary Calvi, Cindy Hsu, and Megan Glaros.

I'm sure that Cindy Hsu was just temporarily filling the seat left vacant by Steve Bartelstein, but she is a true pro and deserves a regular anchor slot. However, for some reason the current management team at WCBS does not feel that way. It's disappointing to see a veteran on-air personality (16 years at WCBS) treated so poorly. Hopefully Cindy will continue to fill-in occasionally at the anchor desk.

I don't know for sure, but it seems that Cindy is a real pro at the anchor desk and wants to be there.

What I do not understand is why they have Mary Calvi on weekend mornings AND evenings. It's especially strange since they have a separate weather anchor for weekend mornings (Megan Glaros) and evenings (Elise Finch). Why do they need two weather people on weekends, but only a single female anchor? It does not make sense.

You ever think maybe Hsu doesn't want to be a primary anchor, that maybe she prefers working the field?

Don't be so quick to judge that CBS2 is dissing her. I'd imagine if she wasn't happy with a promotion to anchor she'd have left by now, considering her tenure.

He was a good reporter at WNBC, but other than that I don't see what's appealing about Rob. He seems too stiff as an anchor, even when he was at WNBC.

CBS always has stiff anchors - Don Dahler is like a piece of wood!

At least Rob is much easier on the eyes......

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-photos/practical-magic.2/?gallery=17540&photo=a3cf81ff-b0d2-4e67-80ee-185b9a4c9c7f

Archived