WACH FOX 57 is using...

tw-804

CBS Enforcer. I'm not kidding. They're using Gari's CBS Enforcer. For those who don't know where WACH is, it's in Columbia, SC. Go to MidlandsConnect.com then go to the "Video" tab, then click on "ESC Legislative Council Audit".

Well several non CBS stations that are not joined by a CBS station have used the Enforcer. KRIV in Houston (a FOX O&O) commissioned and used Enforcer 3 from '01 to '05, so did WVIT (NBC O&O Connecticut) from 02 to '05, KVII (ABC Amarillo, TX)used it for a while. KCRG (ABC Cedar Rapids, IA) and KTVO (ABC Kirksville, MO) still use the CBS Enforcer.

I wonder why they call it "CBS" Enforcer now... It's not like CBS has an easily recognizable ID signature associated with it. Maybe the fact that CBS affilliates use this coincidentaly more than other packages...

The signature was for Chicago... (Chicago I love You, Chicago My Home.")

I'm more surprised they aren't making WACH use the Fox O&O package from OSI.

I don't know why this is such a big deal. There is no connection between Enforcer and CBS, except that WBBM originated the "I Love Chicago" signature and it made its way to other CBS O&O stations. Many non-CBS affiliates used Palmer News Package. Average Joe TV viewer wouldn't find hearing the Enforcer theme on a FOX station weird. If they were using The Tower, it would probably be different.

There is no easily recognizable CBS motif... I guess if a composer wanted to use it, they could use the three-note signature used in IDs since 1992, or derive it from Horner's theme.

• 2 months later...

Archived