WVUE unveils new set, graphics

PelicanGuy

Watching the morning news, I've noticed the package seems very incomplete - there's very little transitional elements, when before there was a multitude of them.

It looks very in-house, and the "waves" in the corner remind me of WWL-TV's previous look.

So, yes, I find it to be a downgrade, but those new weather graphics are very nice and smooth.

Their graphics remind me more of WEWS's old look before they went to the standardized Scripps stuff.

I'm pretty sure that is the old WEWS graphics package. It has to be syndicated, since WTVA in Tupelo, MS has been using a version of it for more than a year now.

Weird change, since it really isn't an upgrade...

The logo has one set of colors (Saints Influenced?), but the graphics are definitely the WEWS NewsNet5 graphics. They don't mesh. There's nothing wrong with them, but it would work better if the logo and graphics were in the same palate.

This get's a meh.

They also started using the generic open of U-phonix in terms of getting more lazier for the news and weather opens. (Disc 1 for those who don't know.)

I know what you're talking about...and they use that during the morning show and sometimes during the evening broadcasts...probably because of their Super Bowl coverage.

kjohnson, that logo wasn't influenced by the Saints. That logo was adopted after Tom Benson bought the station.

The logo has one set of colors (Saints Influenced?), but the graphics are definitely the WEWS NewsNet5 graphics. They don't mesh. There's nothing wrong with them, but it would work better if the logo and graphics were in the same palate.

This get's a meh.

The station is owned by the same folks who own the New Orleans Saints so it really wouldn't surprise me if they were trying to match the same color scheme as the football team.

I give it an Ew! and a What were they thinking?

This is basically a copy of WEWS's old graphics minus some difference in font in the lower 3rds. I'm guessing WEWS gave these graphics to WVUE for free or something. That's my only guess on why they would go with something so ugly and dated.

I give it an Ew! and a What were they thinking?

This is basically a copy of WEWS's old graphics minus some difference in font in the lower 3rds. I'm guessing WEWS gave these graphics to WVUE for free or something. That's my only guess on why they would go with something so ugly and dated.

At least they look better than what WEWS ever did with them, but I still think the old graphics were better.

I hope WVUE's old package resurfaces somewhere....like WALA. They desperately need an overhaul.

At least they look better than what WEWS ever did with them, but I still think the old graphics were better.

I hope WVUE's old package resurfaces somewhere....like WALA. They desperately need an overhaul.

You're not kidding. After LIN purchased the station from Emmis, you would think they would invest heavily in improving their news product like with some of their other stations.

Archived