Ask Chuck Scarborough

wabceyewitness

Thank you for posting that. I have a soft spot in my heart when it comes to Chuck Scarborough. Back in the late 1970's I was watching Channel 4 news and heard Chuck mention that he had just returned from a vacation in Ireland. I happened to be going to Ireland the following week, so after the news I picked up the phone and called WNBC and asked to speak to Chuck (never for a moment believing I would get to talk to him). And to my great surprise, he came to the phone! I told him that I was leaving for Ireland soon and asked him if he could recommend places to visit and things to do while there. He was wonderful....he told me about his trip and gave me some recommendations and wished me a good trip. I became a big fan from that day forward.

That is such a great story! It certainly speaks volumes of Chuck Scarborough and his character.

Yes, I agree. If I ever have the opportunity to meet him, I'll tell him the story which I'm sure he's long forgotten.

Archived