Good Day to start at 4:30 am

budtkaboy2000

Multiple choice for the curious. Was this announced:

A.) With a huge blitz of promotion beginning a few weeks beforehand trumpeting the earlier start time?

B.) Offhandedly during the weekend newscasts two days before the change?

The answer, of course, is B.

With this shift, 8.5 hours of Fox 29's programming day is now labeled as news. Kind of scary.

Now to wonder how long before everyone else follows suit. It happened in NYC, one station expanded to 4:30 and others did the same thing.

WNYW has news at 4:30 starting this morning, the newscast is called "Good Day Early Call" with Christina Park (with Lisa Murphy taking over her spot on the weekends) and Heather Nauert, and with that WNYW has moved up to 8 hours of news every weekday

No special treatment here. The 4:30am broadcast is simply another half-hour of Good Day, with the 5-7 anchors (Shawnette Wilson and John Anderson) handling duties. 7-10 is still Mike Jerrick and Sheinelle Jones.

I really just wish they'd introduce some sort of special branding for the earlier, "newsier" portions of Good Day, like they do in New York and used to do here back in the day (Fox 29 Morning News). I mean, I understand it's easier to call the whole thing "Good Day" and market it as one 5 and a half hour show (and that length is just mindboggling), but there's really a substantial difference between the hours that compete against the local news shows and the hours that compete against GMA/Today/etc.

Also, after 24 years of not doing it, Fox 29 is running a Do You Know Where Your Children Are sting, just like WNYW. Worded slightly differently, natch (29's version is "It's 10 o'clock, do you know where your kids are"). They also apparently run one before the 5pm. Timely, given the current news about the violent flash riots taking place throughout downtown...

Archived