Grammy Awards

NashvilleTV5

Could someone please explain to me how the airing of the Grammy Awards work? If the show starts at 7:00 CST, then out west, it starts at 8PM (Which is where the Grammys are taking place) how does the airing of that work? How do they broadcast what is currently happening while what the viewers in Central Time are seeing are also being broadcasted?

I hope I didn't make this too confusing.

Thanks

Uh, it's tape delayed for those of us on the West Coast. The actual show at the Staples Center in Los Angeles starts at 5:00 p.m. PST, which is 8:00 p.m. EST, 7:00 p.m. CST. Same goes for the Golden Globes and the other awards shows except for the Academy Awards, which is aired live across all time zones.

Same goes for the Golden Globes and the other awards shows except for the Academy Awards, which is aired live across all time zones.

Except for Alaska and Hawaii; the Oscars are on tape delay at 7:00pm their time (though thanks to the Internet, we can find out who won while we're watching the show). But I do remember the 1996 show being aired live in Alaska at 5:00pm.

Jonathan Allen

Archived