Fowler brings more former WBBM staff to WFLD

Weeters

The bad part this time is old GM Ahern isn't around to stop her from some of her way out there antics.. One thing about Ahern was he made many of the decisions himself or things would really have to get a pass from him first. Here at WFLD, it seems that Renda is letting Fowler have alot more free reign with everything than she ever had at WBBM..

All I can say is it isn't going to work.. Flannery may help a little but the newscasts altogether have just gotten worse since Fowler came in. And Woolman? Really? C'mon.. He's done nothing.

They're wasting way too much time with pointless interviews on the 9PM news. I'm not liking how Anna Davlantes is getting the majority of the story load on the 9PM newscast too. During a 20 minute period on a 9PM newscast last week, Anna read almost all of the stories while Jeff Goldblatt only read 1! I know Robin Robinson was off last week, but it also seems she's really getting snubbed off to the side to Anna. I really see nothing special about Anna Davlantes. Renda and Fowler have to go..

Renda will some day see the light and fire Fowler. I can only assume he wants to give her some time and he didn't want to bring in WFLD's third ND in less than 3 yrs. I still can't understand the blind faith he has in her. For her part, she should KNOW what it takes to beat WGN given she once worked there. Did they manage themselves without her involvement at all?

Anna is weak and isn't ready to succeed anyone. Try as she might, she just doesn't have it. Jeff seems to have gotten worse and the "pointless" interviews only bring out his weaknesses more. Robin and Corey (and to a certain degree, Amy) are the only ones keeping the newscast afloat.

Archived