Possible Bomb Threat in Times Square

IceManNYR

It might be a hox or it might be a real bomb left in an SVU but,

For MSNBC's coverage they are making use of WNBC's Jonathan Dienst plus a live feed from WNBC with Tom Llamas on the scene.

CNN was showing coverage from CNN International then went back to taped programming.

FNC is using cameras from Metro Networks.

Since I noticed the coverage at 12:04am on cable news I checked the NYC stations and there's no coverage.

I missed the local news casts and just found out this has been going on since 6pm.

Around 9pm the started to close off a two block radius around the area of the SUV.

This explains why there's no local coverage now.

2, 4 and 7 all led with it at 11, of course. 2 was first to move on while 7 stayed with it the longest with two reporters and a phoner.

During the 11:00 hour, CNN and FNC barely covered it, while MSNBC has been on since covering the White House Correspondents' Dinner. In fact, I think they got lucky because they very rarely cover stories that happen on weekend evenings. Pete Williams looks like he stopped by the DC bureau after the dinner. And MSNBC is making great use of the WNBC reporters. Marianne Rafferty (formerly Silber) is anchoring on FNC but their coverage isn't that great. CNN, which is about a 15-minute walk from Times Square, outsourced about five minutes of coverage at midnight to CNN International in Atlanta.

Pretty amazing when MSNBC is the best at covering a breaking story on a weekend evening.

CNN brought Don Lemon back in to anchor with Natalie Allen on CNN International which is being simulcast on CNN.

MSNBC and FNC are still live.

I'm guessing when the press conference starts the local stations will air it live

They have setup a pool camera feed.

WNBC took the Mayor's press conference via MSNBC. WABC brought in Joe Torres to anchor the press conference coverage.

WCBS, WNYW, WWOR and WPIX did not air it live.

I guess we found the people who sleep in the city that never sleeps!

I, too, was shocked when I noticed that MSNBC had the best coverage for a breaking news story late on a Saturday evening! I watched for a few minutes around midnight and MSNBC and FNC were covering the story, but CNN was airing regular programming.

Archived