Jeff Goldblatt fired from FOX Chicago

lazynetjunkie

Another one out at FOX Chicago.. This time it's 9PM anchor Jeff Goldblatt. More at Feder: http://blogs.vocalo.org/feder/2010/05/now-this-fox-chicago-dropping-top-anchor-goldblatt/24175#more-24175

Maybe FOX News will take him back to the network side. It's kind of weird that the station just taped a couple new promos only a couple weeks ago promoting Jeff Goldblatt on the 9PM news.. I kind of figured that Fowler was eventually going to replace him as anchor but I really thought they were going to keep him and just bump him down to reporter.

Note: Feder failed to mention Ann Kavanaugh also as one of the recent dismissals from the station in his short list.

I agree he could/should go back to FNC. Like I said in a previous post, lately he seems out of it and the new format wasn't helping him any. Demotion wasn't in the cards. You either get your contract re-newed or a pink slip these days at WFLD.

While I'm not against Sirott, I think Steve Sanders from WGN would be a bigger get for WFLD. As long as they don't hire someone from outside the market, they should be okay.

Re-assigning Anna should be priority #1 for them however. Things run much better on days she isn't there. There's a huge disconnect between her and the rest of the on-air team. Put a rush on starting a 5PM newscast and let her solo anchor it.

Archived