New Denver newscasts

channel2

I finally caught the new Nightside promo. I'm actually looking forward to this. As much as I can't stand KDVR, at least *someone* is trying something *new* at 10pm.

I also like what we've seen of the new graphics so far. I like the all white and blue bug.

[YT]JZDhoAXSunA[/YT]

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else watch the "Nightside" debut? I was very surprised. It had, as promised, more in-depth stories, less time for weather, sports, and commercials, and all the news was local— no national or world news. I also liked the in-studio interview with Tom Tancredo; I hope they have an in-studio interview with a newsmaker every night. The new set is just KWGN's weather set revamped, and it's small, but it gives the show a unique look. The new graphics are more subdued and look like they were done in-house. I like the city timelapses as break bumpers. The newscast didn't have that sensationalist Fox-ish feel.

I normally don't like what KDVR does, but I was very impressed.

Did anyone else watch the "Nightside" debut? I was very surprised. It had, as promised, more in-depth stories, less time for weather, sports, and commercials, and all the news was local— no national or world news. I also liked the in-studio interview with Tom Tancredo; I hope they have an in-studio interview with a newsmaker every night. The new set is just KWGN's weather set revamped, and it's small, but it gives the show a unique look. The new graphics are more subdued and look like they were done in-house. I like the city timelapses as break bumpers. The newscast didn't have that sensationalist Fox-ish feel.

I normally don't like what KDVR does, but I was very impressed.

I too watched the Nightside debut and I was very impressed as well. As far as the set I was actually wondering while I watched why parts of it looked a little familiar.

I watched the second night, and it wasn't as strong tonight. It's still a step above what KDVR usually does, but it wasn't as good as the debut. I still have faith in it though.

I'll have video up soon.

Archived