CBS 2 using Radio Reports Now?

kshow

I noticed this a few weeks ago, but now CBS 2 is using radio audio for reports and just playing video feeds. This is just horrible.

It's funny because I was just about to start a thread about this. I noticed that they used a WCBS Newsradio 880 report from Irene Cornell just now on the news at 5. I don't really prefer it, but I guess the management at WCBS-TV figures that if Newsradio 880 can use reports from WCBS-TV reporters, than WCBS-TV can use reports from Newsradio 880 reporters.

They did this a few times a few months ago. I'm pretty sure one day it was even for the top story. It looked and sounded terrible. I understand cost-cutting but at some point your product will be junk.

John Montone did one of his commentary opinion type segments during one of the WCBS Newscasts last week

When interviewing people and talking on camera he had a mic flag with 1010 WINS on one side and the WCBS logo on the other side.

Archived