Megan Glaros to WBBM

kshow

Megan is the latest WCBSer to go to the CBS Station in Chicago. She will be the meteorologist for their new morning show along side former WCBS anchor Steve Bartelstein.

The new early morning news show under development at CBS-owned WBBM-Channel 2 will feature Megan Glaros as meteorologist. The Dyer, Ind., native comes to WBBM directly from WCBS-TV in New York, where she was the station’s weekend meteorologist and entertainment reporter. Glaros also may do some entertainment reporting for the new WBBM early morning show that will debut Aug. 30.

LINK

I wonder who's next...

We'll that explains why the post for a new meteorologist on the WCBS website. A smaller market but bigger role (Megan also did mornings in Miami at WPLG prior to New York), best of luck to her, I wonder who's next... but what they should be doing is transferring reporters from the other O&O's they have 2nd lowest amount of reporters behind WFLD.

too bad they dont move john elliot and give Megan his job...her and steve were the only ones i actually liked on wcbs..i really havent watched it much since steve left...Chicago is VERY lucky to be getting Megan and Steve..they work pretty good together and i wish them both the best.

Makes me wonder which Meteorologist will be getting axed now from WBBM.. I don't think it'll be Steve Baskerville. Bruno and Kiernen both say they "believe in him". Will it be Mary Kay Kleist or Don Schweneker? The station is still paying off Ed Curran for the remainder of his contract. Although that has been approved as "written off" the books by CBS execs so it doesn't count towards the station anymore. However, the station has been using Meteorologist Rick DiMaio (per diem) ALOT lately so maybe they really need another Meteorologist.

I'm just guessing this new VP all of a sudden just raised the budget for WBBM because not even 2 months ago, there wasn't a budget at all for a new meteorologist.

I'm not liking that New York is now running WBBM apart of KCBS. If Dunn/Friend think they did a marvelous job of turning WCBS around, fine, more power to them. But butting into the authority of the GM's they hired to run each station is now just plain stupid and wrong. Maybe fire Cohen/Kiernan, Mauldin/Diener and put Dunn/Friend as the GM/ND of all CBS Stations. Hopefully they will move Kristine Johnson off New York.

I'm not liking that New York is now running WBBM apart of KCBS. If Dunn/Friend think they did a marvelous job of turning WCBS around, fine, more power to them. But butting into the authority of the GM's they hired to run each station is now just plain stupid and wrong. Maybe fire Cohen/Kiernan, Mauldin/Diener and put Dunn/Friend as the GM/ND of all CBS Stations. Hopefully they will move Kristine Johnson off New York.

Doubt Cohen will go anywhere for a while.. He's still "buddy/buddy" with Friend. I don't think it's so much a matter of WCBS running WBBM but more of "helping each other out". It's just business. This is nothing new. Sometimes it's just more noticeable that other times. It's something that goes on in almost every business out there from retail all the way up to some Fortune 500 company.. Unfortunately, this isn't the stuff they teach in school.

They probably just worked out something in the lines of [Cohen] "I need some new talent (and maybe some "extra office supplies") so I need more budget approved" [Friend] "I'll raise your budget for whatever you need if you take the talent I give you."

Doubt Cohen will go anywhere for a while.. He's still "buddy/buddy" with Friend. I don't think it's so much a matter of WCBS running WBBM but more of "helping each other out". It's just business. This is nothing new. Sometimes it's just more noticeable that other times. It's something that goes on in almost every business out there from retail all the way up to some Fortune 500 company.. Unfortunately, this isn't the stuff they teach in school.

They probably just worked out something in the lines of [Cohen] "I need some new talent (and maybe some "extra office supplies") so I need more budget approved" [Friend] "I'll raise your budget for whatever you need if you take the talent I give you."

I understand cooperation between companies and it happens all the time, but in this case, New York is also managing KCBS/KCAL, leaving Diener/Mauldin without any authority. Well, that's what somebody at TVSpy said. But I wouldn't doubt that New York is butting into local O&O business. Yes, they can do it if the place is a disaster a la Nancy Bauer Gonzales/KCBS, but come on, NBC is trying it and look at how it's failing.

I understand cooperation between companies and it happens all the time, but in this case, New York is also managing KCBS/KCAL, leaving Diener/Mauldin without any authority. Well, that's what somebody at TVSpy said. But I wouldn't doubt that New York is butting into local O&O business. Yes, they can do it if the place is a disaster a la Nancy Bauer Gonzales/KCBS, but come on, NBC is trying it and look at how it's failing.

CBS made clear in some meetings a few months back that they would be trying some things that other companies like NBC do but not go to the extent that NBC does them. Like with the central creative. It's there but the creative in each station isn't being eliminated altogether. The stations' Presidents/GM's/ND's are still going to have control of their own station and still have alot of work to do at their own stations.. It's happened to me number of times when I was in upper management of a other companies I used to work for. That's why I don't see it as big of a deal as many make it out to be. In management, you just do what they say if higher ups tell you to do it. You don't get all upset about it. Corporate butting in to your job is a big part of being in management. I can understand someone lower in the work totem pole getting mad if someone else was butting in, but management is being paid to take higher ups butting in. Plus, in most places I've worked at, corporate butting in has done more positives than negatives.. That's why it's something I've become more for.

I (and most in the business these days) tend to believe less of what people around TVSpy say these days. In the past coupld years, I've found TVSpy has turned more into a place for people that are upset with their jobs or people that lost their jobs to vent about things going on or to get mad/blame other people for problems rather than a place to legitimately talk about stuff going on.

Archived