Dan Jiggetts back at FOX Chicago

lazynetjunkie

Given their current needs in sports, they may hang on to him for awhile. Good for him for being able to maintain his connections there. This is his second go round (handling weekend sports) at WFLD since he left for Comcast SportsNet years ago.

However limited that and this arrangement was/may be, with both Lou (Bears GameDay/GameNight) and Tom (NFL Network) having other obligations most of the time, they really need someone to help carry the load.

Plus, if ratings for GDC continue to get worse, I wouldn't be surprised if Corey returned to sports by years end.

However limited that and this arrangement was/may be, with both Lou (Bears GameDay/GameNight) and Tom (NFL Network) having other obligations most of the time, they really need someone to help carry the load.

Plus, if ratings for GDC continue to get worse, I wouldn't be surprised if Corey returned to sports by years end.

Probably why a replacement on the 9PM hasn't been made yet. Corey is way too good of an asset for them to get rid of altogether. There were so many rumors of Sudberry taking the 9PM (especially after he's made a few visits to the station around to meet with management and for off-air "tryouts"); however, I don't know if that will happen anymore.

I was actually hoping WBBM would have at least kept Jiggetts for sports. They are really lagging in their sports department with only 2. I know much of their sports department has been turned over to sister radio station 670 The Score, but they really, they need 1 more on-air anchor/reporter. Especially now that it's football season, you gotta dedicate someone to sports on every evening newscast. You can't constantly have the regular news anchors without any sports insight just reading sports to the viewer. Chicago is a sports town and CBS 2 is currently way behind when it comes to sports. It used to not be that way..

Archived