The return of Heart of our City music?

lazynetjunkie

I noticed on this morning's news that they reverted back to the morning cuts of the Heart of our City music package.. I don't know if it's going to be for all newscasts or just the morning news or if it even was a mistake but I certainly hope it's not for all the newscasts. Enforcer works quite well for them. The evening Enforcer cuts work fine for them. I know they haven't been fond of the NG2 morning cuts they've been using recently using. I don't care for the NG2 morning cuts they've been using either. That's why I was hoping they would go back to the Enforcer NG1 morning cuts they used prior to the move in 2008 because that theme worked very well for them.. Plus, I know it would fit their current morning news well.

I liked the morning cuts from the Heart of our City package, they had an energetic beat to them. The Enforcer cuts they were using for the last two weeks sounded too serious and somber for the morning news.

I haven't been watching in the morning this week but I'll see if I can DVR the news tomorrow to check it out.

By the way, does anyone have a status update on the set...I thought the news desk they are currently using was temporary...anyone know if they have any plans to bring back the large news desk or use the area formerly occupied by the monitor wall/meeting room backdrop?

I liked the morning cuts from the Heart of our City package, they had an energetic beat to them. The Enforcer cuts they were using for the last two weeks sounded too serious and somber for the morning news.

I haven't been watching in the morning this week but I'll see if I can DVR the news tomorrow to check it out.

By the way, does anyone have a status update on the set...I thought the news desk they are currently using was temporary...anyone know if they have any plans to bring back the large news desk or use the area formerly occupied by the monitor wall/meeting room backdrop?

I agree with the energy/beat of the Heart of our City package so if they keep it on the morning news, that would be alright with me. But I still think the Enforcer NG1 morning theme used from 2006-08 works best just to keep the musical signature/logo uniform on all newscasts.

I don't think the desk is temporary.. I heard the platform was. However, I've noticed a couple days ago they made some "modifications" to the stairs on the back of the platform along with yellow safety tape and rough non-slip strips added to the platform which makes me think this thing is going to be around a bit longer.. I noticed last night that the lighting coming from the area where the fake meeting room backdrop was really changed so I myself is wondering what is going on back there.

I really hope they update that set because it is really awkward to have in-studio guests who have to stand while doing an on-air interview. It's one thing to have your weather or sports person stand up, but it looks tacky for them not to even offer a guest to sit down. If anything they could use a different part of the set with chairs. It looks really dumb.

It seems to have been just a one day thing.. It's back to Enforcer this morning.

There was one video from the morning news yesterday that had the Heart of our City music playing but I can't seem to find it now.. It was the video of them promoting the Roseanne Tellez food story she was going to report on the 10PM news.

Archived