CKVU 2002 theme

JasonHalifax

Hey,

This has been bugging me for a bit. Hoping someone here can shed some light.

Does anyone know the name of the theme CKVU in Vancouver used during its transition from Global to Citytv?

Here's the open:

And the close:

I've looked around on the internet, and the only name I've found it referred to as is "CKVU 2002 theme." But I doubt it was a custom theme just for the few months they were known as ckvu13.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey jason, welcome first off.

Second, the music was actually production music. According to one user, the theme was "In Depth" from Killer Tracks under the Killer Promos banner. They used it from 2002-03. Log on to Killertracks.com and click on the white search box above, type "In Depth", hit enter, click "In Depth" afterwards and have a listen. Hope that helps.

Justin.

CKVU actually switched to this theme a month or so after the affiliation switch in September 2001, and used it until rebranding to Citytv in July 2002.

I've heard the theme used on a Global National promo from around the same time. As far as I remember that promo didn't last long; someone eventually realized CKVU was using the same music.

Archived