WPTV to produce WFLX's news

tw-804

From B&C:

"Scripps-owned WPTV West Palm Beach will produce WFLX's news starting Jan. 1, 2011. WPTV is an NBC affiliate and WFLX is a Raycom-owned Fox; the deal calls for WPTV to produce 17 weekly hours of news, including a nightly hour at 10 p.m."

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/458869-WPTV_to_Produce_WFLX_s_News_in_West_Palm.php

From WPTV: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/about_us/wptv-to-produce-daily-newscasts-for-wflx

I thought the news operation at WFLX was an in-house operation by Raycom Media... Raycom is cheap in market #38, SMH

Never was, WPEC always produced that newscast from day one 1991. WFLX's newscasts had Raycom graphics in them which I'm sure will continue when WPTV takes over. You would think that Raycom would pour money into that station and produce it's own newscasts but I think their building is too small for that.

Never was, WPEC always produced that newscast from day one 1991. WFLX's newscasts had Raycom graphics in them which I'm sure will continue when WPTV takes over. You would think that Raycom would pour money into that station and produce it's own newscasts but I think their building is too small for that.

Now that's a damn shame. WPB is a rapidly growing market that has jumped from the mid-40s to the upper 30s over the past decade, and they don't even feel the need to produce an in-house op for their long-time station there. It just proves my point I saw a long time ago, Raycom is an Alabama-based bootleg media operation.

Archived