Ridiculous call letters

alaskanews

WNDS was pretty cool. Before it became myTV. I like the myTV idea, but even though, I'm from Boston, I always like hearing WNDS. Except they never said it as Winds but W-N-D-S.

But who thinks they are creative call signs too? Like WCVB... for Channel V Boston.

Also, WAKA is the noise Pac-Man makes.

WAKA is the name of a sports announcer from a local radio station, he was also my 8th Grade Social Studies teacher.... Charlie Waca....lol....

it's a low-powered Infomercials station, but there actually is a KSEX here in Dallas. The station is KSEX 57. However, i have never heard any v/o use the call letters.

sorry, I have to ask????

Why did they not get KSEX on channel 69?

• 2 months later...

it's a low-powered Infomercials station, but there actually is a KSEX here in Dallas. The station is KSEX 57. However, i have never heard any v/o use the call letters.

sorry, I have to ask????

Why did they not get KSEX on channel 69?

I don't know. Is it meant to be a joke? ???

Yes, but it apperas you don't get it.

KSEX on channel 69 would be a perfect match.

I believe that there was a WGAY-AM in Washington D.C. at one point.

1260AM. There was also a WGAY-FM on 99.5 in Washington. It then became WJMO ("Jammin' 99.5") and is now WIHT ("Hot 99.5").

- Trip

Archived