WFLD's New Voiceover

lazynetjunkie

It seems WFLD finally has a new voiceover to take over Scott Chapin who's retiring. All their new promos (both news and non-news) have a new female voiceover. However, I have no idea who it is. They have re-recorded previous promos with the new voiceover too.

• 2 weeks later...

If WFLD was smart, they would have snagged WGN's recently dumped voiceovers Bob Tracy and/or Jim Cutler to use as their own. The psychological effect on people of hearing a familiar voice may actually snag a few WGN viewers over to WFLD..

WFLD did add an additional unknown male voiceover for sports promos.. I have no idea who it is either but as I said in the shoutbox a couple days ago, he sounds like a TVNT member or one of those "kids" on YouTube that play newscast from their basement/bedroom trying to imitate a voiceover.

If WFLD was smart, they would have snagged WGN's recently dumped voiceovers Bob Tracy and/or Jim Cutler to use as their own. The psychological effect on people of hearing a familiar voice may actually snag a few WGN viewers over to WFLD..

WFLD did add an additional unknown male voiceover for sports promos.. I have no idea who it is either but as I said in the shoutbox a couple days ago, he sounds like a TVNT member or one of those "kids" on YouTube that play newscast from their basement/bedroom trying to imitate a voiceover.

I'm surprised they didn't switch to Greg O'Neil (FNC, WTXF) or Chris Corley (WNYW) since those seem to be favored by the O&Os... I guess I just still remember when just about every Fox O&O was using Chapin...

I'm surprised they didn't switch to Greg O'Neil (FNC, WTXF) or Chris Corley (WNYW) since those seem to be favored by the O&Os... I guess I just still remember when just about every Fox O&O was using Chapin...

That's what I was hoping for.. Either of those 2 would have worked well for WFLD. I still remember when just about every FOX O&O used Chapin too. I'm a little surprised with the standardization of everything else at FOX, they aren't doing the same with voiceovers.

My guess is a "real" voiceover wasn't in WFLD's budget.. They couldn't even get Cedering Fox who is one of the more flexible voiceovers ($-wise) from what I heard. However, she still remains WBBM's secondary voiceover..

• 3 weeks later...
That's what I was hoping for.. Either of those 2 would have worked well for WFLD. I still remember when just about every FOX O&O used Chapin too. I'm a little surprised with the standardization of everything else at FOX, they aren't doing the same with voiceovers.

My guess is a "real" voiceover wasn't in WFLD's budget.. They couldn't even get Cedering Fox who is one of the more flexible voiceovers ($-wise) from what I heard. However, she still remains WBBM's secondary voiceover..

Since they're dead set on being "different" in all that they do these days, I'm not surprised they picked a woman as their main V/O announcer. Too bad they couldn't have selected someone with a more skillful voice. I could be wrong, but she sounds a little too 'lady of the night-ish' in the way she pronounces certain words, i.e...FOX Chicago. Again, I could be wrong, but that's what tone she seems to project.

Archived