Comcast/NBC is now only one step away.

ColumbusNewsFan

I believe one of the parts of the agreement is to include 1000 new hours of news content.

Dunno if it's 1000 hours a month, year, etc, but hopefully this means more jobs.

That sounds good. Would that be across the network, or just throughout the O&Os? If it were across the networks, they'd have to start a new newscast or something.

That sounds good. Would that be across the network, or just throughout the O&Os? If it were across the networks, they'd have to start a new newscast or something.

From what I read, it meant the O&Os.

And if I were to guess, that "1000 hours of additional news content" on the O&Os is probably the new stuff being produced for the nonstop channels. That right there is a significant - and commendable - effort to create new content.

For the record, I'm *welcoming* our new Comcast overlords. Part of it is that it gets rid of Jeff Zucker and will hopefully undo much of the damage he did to the network, but also because Comcast is less of a budget-minded company than GE. I get the feeling they want to make NBC strong again - and a strong NBC is a great thing for the broadcast industry.

For the record, I'm *welcoming* our new Comcast overlords.

Not just you.. Just about everyone I know in the company. Comcast will spend money and is a company that is willing to take risks too.

I'm sure the NBC O&O's are happier now too that they won't have to pay to air their promos on the cable channels anymore. Comcast has always been big on airing "their own" and local commercials over the commercials on various cable channels.. A large number of them have been WMAQ promos. I just wish they would get them aligned better. It gets annoying for the Comcast slapped commercial to start a few seconds before the end of a commercial and then end a few seconds before the commercial it's supposed to be covering up ends.

I don't even think GE let the O&O's have their own lightbulbs for free.. It's ok though. GE lightbulbs suck. Philips and Sylvania make far superior lightbulbs that last alot longer and are made of better quality materials. I know from experience..

• 2 weeks later...
New NBCUniversal logo... Piece of $#*!

I didn't love it the first time I saw it, but once I saw how it fits in with the company's divisions and brands, I instantly changed my mind. The only thing left for me not to like is the purple. Ugh.

For what it's worth, I'm really excited about the Comcast acquisition, just because I think they have the spark that NBC needs to get back on its feet.

Archived