Charles Perez trashes former WABC colleagues

wabceyewitness

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2011/01/28/2011-01-28_perez_throws_the_book_at_ch_7.html?r=entertainment

In fairness, I have not read the book yet, nor have seen the passages where he allegedly trashes Bill, Liz and Diana. Having had the opportunity to interact and work with those three on multiple occasions over the last 10 years now, however, I'm not sure how anyone can say anything but nice things about them. Bill is the hardest working anchor in town and expects a lot, but that's how he helps maintain a quality newscast and is a true newsroom leader. Diana and Liz are just genuinely nice people.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2011/01/28/2011-01-28_perez_throws_the_book_at_ch_7.html?r=entertainment

In fairness, I have not read the book yet, nor have seen the passages where he allegedly trashes Bill, Liz and Diana. Having had the opportunity to interact and work with those three on multiple occasions over the last 10 years now, however, I'm not sure how anyone can say anything but nice things about them. Bill is the hardest working anchor in town and expects a lot, but that's how he helps maintain a quality newscast and is a true newsroom leader. Diana and Liz are just genuinely nice people.

Lets face it... he's just bitter because his contract wasn't renewed. He wasn't a good fit at WABC, and it had absolutely nothing to do with his sexuality considering how many others work at the station.

His delivery is stale, and his hayday was 15 years ago. He should have stuck with the tabloid crap he was involved with in the first place.

His delivery is stale, and his hayday was 15 years ago. He should have stuck with the tabloid crap he was involved with in the first place.

No, he dresses way too well for tabloid news!

alg_charles-perez.jpg

And I have never heard anyone say anything good about Sam Champion...by all accounts he IS an asshole and good for Charles for putting it in print!

Go to Amazon.com and when you pull up the book you can use their "Look Inside" feature to read excerpts. I put "Champion" in the search and got some scathing dirt on Sam.

Side Note: His ultra-slim wardrobe on GMA has been getting even MORE desperate of late.

I couldn't resist and purchased the e-edition of the book from Amazon to see what was said about Bill, Liz, and Diana.

Before bashing each of them, he says it's "the whole truth". He claims the following:

-Bill, Liz, and Diana conspired together to have Perez removed because, according to his account, he was in line for a weekday anchor job and Diana's longevity at WABC was in question.

-Sade Baderinwa's injury from a hit and run accident that forced her off the air for months was "Diana's saving grace". According to Perez, the station only kept Diana on at 5pm to provide some sort of normalcy to the newscast. Sade, says Perez, was the only weekday evening anchor to be nice to him.

-Liz and Sam would regularly take three hour dinner and shopping breaks and not show up until 10pm to prepare for the 11pm show.

-Sam would just read a "fax from AccuWeather" as his forecast.

-Bill was the source of a Daily News article that portrayed Perez as being fired by WABC for not being good enough for New York. According to Perez, Lori Stokes informed him of the article and said she did not believe a word of it. The Daily News retracted the story days later, according to Perez, at the request of his agent and station management.

-Gene Shalit, before giving a review on the 5pm news took a look at Perez and said the station has hired another pretty face instead of a real journalist. (Gene Shalit, by the way, never worked for WABC. Joel Seigel did.)

-

I couldn't resist and purchased the e-edition of the book from Amazon to see what was said about Bill, Liz, and Diana.

Before bashing each of them, he says it's "the whole truth". He claims the following:

-

At the very least, we know that this is not a mere "claim." Though I am not so sure that Sam even knows how to read. I always thought they had poor Lee Goldberg off-camera holding up pictures of sun or clouds so Sam would know what to say.

"if you can make it in new York you can make it anywhere" this man couldn't make it in new York or anywhere at that... he's just pissed wabc let him go because he sucks so he bad mouths the staff to make them look bad and make him look like the poor little victim..maybe him and Heidi Jones can meet up they'd make good friends.

-Bill, Liz, and Diana conspired together to have Perez removed because, according to his account, he was in line for a weekday anchor job and Diana's longevity at WABC was in question.

-Sade Baderinwa's injury from a hit and run accident that forced her off the air for months was "Diana's saving grace". According to Perez, the station only kept Diana on at 5pm to provide some sort of normalcy to the newscast. Sade, says Perez, was the only weekday evening anchor to be nice to him.

-Liz and Sam would regularly take three hour dinner and shopping breaks and not show up until 10pm to prepare for the 11pm show.

-Bill was the source of a Daily News article that portrayed Perez as being fired by WABC for not being good enough for New York. According to Perez, Lori Stokes informed him of the article and said she did not believe a word of it. The Daily News retracted the story days later, according to Perez, at the request of his agent and station management.

-Gene Shalit, before giving a review on the 5pm news took a look at Perez and said the station has hired another pretty face instead of a real journalist. (Gene Shalit, by the way, never worked for WABC. Joel Seigel did.)

-

Oh please. This SCREAMS "massive EGO." I always always thought Perez was totally full of himself, and that he thought he desevered better than he got. The guy was lucky to land in NY in the first place. I'll be the FIRST one to state that Diana's job was NEVER up for grabs. in HIS dreams. The only weekday position he had a chance at was Steve Bartelstein's morning slot - who was still there after Perez's departure. Think about it - he never even filled in on weekdays. He's so full of s*it it's not even close to accurate.

Bill is the nicest guy I know. Diana is the mother of the newsroom. Sade and Liz are both professional and wonderful women. Sam, is well, Sam... lol - but a nice guy once ya figure him out!

Perez needs to go crawl back under his rock.

On a side note, how could anyone ever confuse Joel Siegel (RIP) with Gene Shalit? Poor Joel!

Oh please. This SCREAMS "massive EGO." I always always thought Perez was totally full of himself, and that he thought he desevered better than he got. The guy was lucky to land in NY in the first place. I'll be the FIRST one to state that Diana's job was NEVER up for grabs. in HIS dreams. The only weekday position he had a chance at was Steve Bartelstein's morning slot - who was still there after Perez's departure. Think about it - he never even filled in on weekdays. He's so full of s*it it's not even close to accurate.

Bill is the nicest guy I know. Diana is the mother of the newsroom. Sade and Liz are both professional and wonderful women. Sam, is well, Sam... lol - but a nice guy once ya figure him out!

Perez needs to go crawl back under his rock.

On a side note, how could anyone ever confuse Joel Siegel (RIP) with Gene Shalit? Poor Joel!

I could not agree with you more! I was so upset to read the things he wrote, especially about Diana. She will leave WABC when she wants to leave, just as she left the 6 and 11 pm on her terms.

Another thing he claims in his book is that Liz always talked about how much money she makes and her expensive tastes. If you've ever met Liz for just two minutes you'll learn quickly that she's an absolute sweetheart.

Quick question, Was this the guy that was sued in Miami by his former lover after he was kicked off the newscast down there?

It is him. But I believe the case the former lover brought against him was BS, and I believe it was dismissed.

http://www.packofseven.com/tvnt/showthread.php?t=5732&highlight=lover

I could not agree with you more! I was so upset to read the things he wrote, especially about Diana. She will leave WABC when she wants to leave, just as she left the 6 and 11 pm on her terms.

Another thing he claims in his book is that Liz always talked about how much money she makes and her expensive tastes. If you've ever met Liz for just two minutes you'll learn quickly that she's an absolute sweetheart.

Green is a VERY ugly color on some people - especially Charles Perez. Obviously this smear campaign proves why no one liked him arond the newsroom... He was the cattiest bitch in the place. I always felt bad for poor Sandra Bookman. "Those who live in glass houses should not cast stones..." Perez really shouldn't be throwing stones at all. His life is a page from the National Enquirer.

Archived