Web only newscasts...

Neilium

WTVO in Rockford does a "WebCAST" for their website. It's, uh, unique...

Lots of stations do these to tease stories that will air on TV newscasts later in the day -- they're usually linked to their Twitter and Facebook feeds. I think this thread was asking about entire newscasts that are only online, but I could be wrong.

These sorts of 'WebCasts' are super popular in Mid-sized markets for some reason.

Yeah i am looking for something separate from on air. Not streaming or clips. I want to say some Fox o&o does it. They have a web producer and reporter host the show after their AM news. During the morning show they walk around and do interviews and teases on the web.

The only one I can think of that did a web-only newscast (I don't know if they still do this) was WWL-TV in New Orleans, especially in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

KSNF did that when its tower came down crashing. Of course, they could have pretty much gotten the same stuff from KODE, but...

Isn't that newly formed station ''MI-News" in Northern Michigan a web-only broadcast?

No, they have a 24/7 low power digital station (WMNN-LD).

They probably should be web-only judging by what they post online...

Archived