Stefan Holt to NBC 5

lazynetjunkie

I'd agree Jase. I've seen his reel. Not bad. His work with Palestra.net was good. He managed more on-camera reports in college than I did. But I got more anchoring experience than he did (did I mention we did our campus newscasts live?) in college, over three years.

He's GA reporter material, but I don't think he's ready for weekend anchoring. But I could be wrong. I'm curious to find out, though.

He's GA reporter material, but I don't think he's ready for weekend anchoring. But I could be wrong. I'm curious to find out, though.

He's GA reporter material. That's just about it. If it wasn't for his name/relation to Lester, he wouldn't have even gotten any consideration for this market. I know they've looked at demo tapes of more "experienced/qualified" talent but I know management doesn't look at those qualifications anymore for the most part.. I can see Stefan eventually working his way up to an evening anchor position in this market. He does have that look and persona that management is looking for now for future anchors. However, if the station starts using him to "fill-in anchor" on weekday evenings too soon, then I can see some people getting upset there..

For now, it's just anchoring weekend mornings which have the least amount of viewers of any newscast so nobody is really too concerned. However, I can see the station eventually using him to break up "Greek mornings on NBC 5"..

He'll likely get the "Rob Elgas treatment." Lots of nurturing/grooming for a couple of months until he gets comfortable. I agree he won't "fill-in" anytime soon on any other newscasts given they have enough people to handle that. I look for them to hire a younger co-anchor at some point too. Kim Vatis and him don't come across as the ideal pairing.

He's GA reporter material. That's just about it. If it wasn't for his name/relation to Lester, he wouldn't have even gotten any consideration for this market. I know they've looked at demo tapes of more "experienced/qualified" talent but I know management doesn't look at those qualifications anymore for the most part.. I can see Stefan eventually working his way up to an evening anchor position in this market. He does have that look and persona that management is looking for now for future anchors. However, if the station starts using him to "fill-in anchor" on weekday evenings too soon, then I can see some people getting upset there..

For now, it's just anchoring weekend mornings which have the least amount of viewers of any newscast so nobody is really too concerned. However, I can see the station eventually using him to break up "Greek mornings on NBC 5"..

Great points. It's just really inconceivable to make jump from West Palm Beach to Chicago, especially after two years.

Archived