WTVT to get a new set

Guest abc7miami

I don't know about O&O's, but when KSN got it's current set in 2000, they made a series of touching promos describing the old one - but they never directly said what was going on. They talked about the memories they shared, the times of playing football and then breaking it by tackling it...but they never said they were getting a new set, then one day, it was just there.

WTVT did a similar tribute on "Good Day Tampa Bay" in January 1999 when they dismantled the "spaceship" set from 1994. They showed video of crews removing the old desk and that kind of thing. They debuted the new (current) set after the Super Bowl in 1999.

WFLA also did a similar tribute in March 2000 when they shut down their longtime 905 E. Jackson St. studios.

Guest Junk Junk

There was barely a mention about the new set they're constructing at- and all the new changes that are coming to WAGA. Yet WTVT has promos for their new set? I'm jealous...

>:)

There was barely a mention about the new set they're constructing at- and all the new changes that are coming to WAGA. Yet WTVT has promos for their new set? I'm jealous...

>:(

Let's just say WTVT seems to have a better promotions dept. than a lot of other stations....

And NBC as a whole.

When the new set is done, who's going on studio tour to get pictures?

I believe the station is closed to visitors for security reasons, but if that changed, I'm sure many of us would be jumping at the chance to get in there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wfaa8fan

If they can keep the "newsroom" backdrop, that would be rather nice, compared to the other 'over the top' backdrops seen on the other Fox O&Os.

• 2 weeks later...

If they can keep the "newsroom" backdrop, that would be rather nice, compared to the other 'over the top' backdrops seen on the other Fox O&Os.

Kudos to WTVT, Looks like they keep the newsroom backdrop:

Nzc~Njk3_large.jpg

Watch it cfif, christians think you turn into the devil with that number!! lol

8)

I think the set is pretty good. Certainly, it is better than any other in the Bay area.

I was hoping for a new gfx package with the set, or new music etc., maybe later when the 2nd set and the weather area are finished.

Archived