John Bolaris's first day off in many months...

qwertywcbs

just interesting as John Elliott is in for him. Is he gone now? John Bolaris doesn't take time off ... ever.. anymore. He worked through Christmas and New Years... all the time. And I just turned on the news and John Elliott's forecast was on... I didn't hear if he was in for Bolaris..

oh WCBS, why must you be so unpredictable. No where else would someone being out a day cause question.

I wouldn't say that it was his first time off in "many months"... I think he last took off sometime in January. I remember because he was off for a few days and I think Jeff was in, only they didn't mention John for the first few days.

Either way, he was back today.

Yeah, I know... i jumped the gun. But with WCBS, things happen too quick to even wait a day, and since we all seem to know he's out...

anyway, I think he is doing a great job these days. It's sad that WCBS doesn't understand the concept of people liking consistency.

That would be tough if WCBS got rid of him after he left WCAU in philly to go to WCBS. If that happens I wonder what market would he end up then

Good question. He might end up back at WCAU. He'd be welcomed with open arms by 10's viewers here.

I'm not starting any rumors....this is word going around the station-

Bolaris may have bought some more time.

They never offered Jeff B a new contract or even talked to him. Supposedly, he's leaving to work with his buddy Brian Norcross at WFOR in the next couple of weeks.

This coincides with the arrival of Lonnie Quinn so it might have some truth.

So what does this mean, John might be able to retain his position (I hope so), and Quinn comes in to replace Jeff? But didn't they [former co workers in Fla] say that Quinn was able to sleep in later, indicating he would do the evening broadcasts in WCBS.

Well, Bolaris has definitely earned his time at WCBS. He has proven himself since word came he was going to be out last yea. I think he may have even improved. Yeah he can be corny at times, but he always has been pretty good at what he does.

But, Jeff needs to stay with the station more than John. John is more professional, but Jeff is just the man. He worked a couple 7 day weeks back when Audrey was on maternity leave, he fills in for everyone and anyone, he works behinds the scenes, and he is just so very knowledgeable it's almost unbelievable. He knows everything it seems! you can tell as he does weather.

honestly, WCBS doesn't have room for Lonnie. I would like to see John Elliott go, but he won't.

Archived