Rebecca Hower leaving KDKA

Tyler

The PG is reporting Hower will leave this May, to go back to her hometown of Erie. Wonder whom her replacement will be? ???

Rebecca Hower leaving KDKA

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Rebecca Hower, KDKA's morning and noon weathercaster, will leave the station May 31. She's moving back to her hometown of Erie -- she worked at WICU there before joining KDKA in 2000 -- where her husband, a gastroenterologist, has accepted a job.

Hower said her decision to leave KDKA was motivated solely by her desire to spend more time with her sons, ages 8 months and 3 1/2 years. She doesn't rule out returning to TV or finding a new career, but she wants to take a year off first.

"I think if I was miserable, it would be so much easier to leave," Hower said. "The thing is, I've been having so much fun with this morning crew. We're really good friends."

Hower said she still enjoys the job, but her current schedule doesn't give her enough time with her children.

"It's just a priority thing," she said. "This incredibly intense career is not right for me right now. It was in my 20s."

Hower said she'll especially miss Pittsburgh.

"I have loved every minute of being here," she said. "The people are so friendly, and yet, culturally, it's like a really big city."

KDKA will begin looking for her replacement.

• 2 months later...

Seems today's Rebecca's last day. I was flipping through the channels this morning, and caught the last minute of Pittsburgh Today live, and Brenda and Jon said to make sure to "watch Rebecca's last KD newscast today at noon."

Archived