Dawn Stensland issues an apology on the air?

FJ2000

At the top of the news, she issued an on-air apology for comments that she made on the news last night, and she apologized to anyone who was offended. She didn't say about what. Does anyone know what this is about? I watched last night, and I didn't notice anything wrong.

Maybe it was for the extremely ad-libbed end of the newscast? I don't recall anything really wrong with that last night, but that was the only thing I could really remember....

People have become way too sensitive today. I don’t know what she said, but why do people have to keep apologizing for their opinions or comments. If you don’t like what someone said – too bad – get over it.

Normally I'm anti-pc anything, but I have to call it the way I see it and "retard" is a sensitive word and she shouldn't have used it on air. I'm quite sure many people with mentally challenged family members called in complaining. As an anchor she should have chosen better words than that.

A person who worked with her a while ago tells me there is no way this remark is indicative of her attitude about individuals less fortunate.

Mistake no question about it.

But it is not where she is at.

Archived