Jeff Beradelli

cbs2idiots

Is today Jeff Beradelli last day at CBS2 ? I caught the newscast at the last minute and he was saying good bye to Cindy, Kirsten the the producers, and he mentioned that he liked working there and he is going to Florida. Can some one give me a definate answer? Thanks

He said it's his last week at CBS 2. (That makes me think that he might fill in somewhere this week.)

He's going to WFOR-TV in Miami.

Let the guessing begin! We still don't know where Lonnie Quinn will be going, if he's joining at all. WTVJ's website said that he wouldn't be waking up early anymore.. My guess is that Quinn gets John Bolaris' spot and, if Bolaris stays, he'll take Berardelli's vacated position.

It doesn't really make sense to me.

WCBS loses another one of their best. So, it's almost official... the whole weather department is almost gone, leaving WCBS with two full time "weather people". Ducis is the oldest member of the two person sports department.

I'm upset. Jeff was the best. I think he probably left because he realized he wasn't going anywhere with the station. I mean, come on, they bring in Liz to do weekends over him, they bring in Elliott to do weekdays without a shred of advanced notice. He probably figured if they replaced Audrey that easily, why not him?

WFOR seems to be the place for New York personalities to go. Robb Hanrahan, Angela Rae returned there, Jeff. And Janine left for WINK on the other coast of South Florida. Guess the snow is too much.

Word on the street is, it wasn't Jeff's choice to leave, but management's.....

Another bad move on their part.

Not only was he a good weatherman (and a team player), there was something oddly sexy about him.....

Not only was he a good weatherman (and a team player), there was something oddly sexy about him.....

I agree Telly...and he was a solid B+ dresser on the SuitSnob Scale.

I am really starting to believe that CBS Corporate is purposely trying to destroy the local news as a tax write-off. I am not trying to be cute...there has to be a method to this MADNESS!!!

Guest wxman2106

hes entering Brian Norcross land. That man is a god of hurricane forecasting. As good if not better then the Weather Channels guy

In fact, Jeff is going to do WEEKEND mornings at WFOR (source: announcement, "On the Move" from tvspy.com). That's the same position he just abandoned at the Deuce. What kind of an advance is that? It's still the lousiest, least viewed position in the dept. And coming to work in NYC was his "dream"?..you think he made this move voluntarily? THink again.

Craig Allen replaced by an "Ibby."

Audrey replaced by this clown John Elliott, who will do NOTHING to bring in a new following of viewers, or take viewers away from Bill Evans.

What a mess. Sheeesh.

In fact, Jeff is going to do WEEKEND mornings at WFOR (source: announcement, "On the Move" from tvspy.com). That's the same position he just abandoned at the Deuce. What kind of an advance is that? It's still the lousiest, least viewed position in the dept. And coming to work in NYC was his "dream"?..you think he made this move voluntarily? THink again.

Craig Allen replaced by an "Ibby."

Audrey replaced by this clown John Elliott, who will do NOTHING to bring in a new following of viewers, or take viewers away from Bill Evans.

What a mess. Sheeesh.

Actually - Jeff went down to WFOR for WEEKDAY mornings. He's replacing Pamela Wright who's moving to North Carolina in May. It was printed in the Miami Herald this past week.

He may very well be promoted to WEEKDAY am to replace Wright, but as of now, he's there for the position they had available : WEEKEND AM, to replace Jeff Taylor who went to Chicago.

He took a lateral move cuz he was being dumped from WCBS. And a lateral move beats unemployment any day of the week.

hes entering Brian Norcross land. That man is a god of hurricane forecasting. As good if not better then the Weather Channels guy

Norcross is god in his own mind. In real life he is an a-hole.

haha i can see that..but he does know his stuff and can most likely be making a market 1 salary down in FL.

I would think he's making more than what John Bolaris is, because, unlike John, he is seen on The Early Show, CBS Evening News, and on Newspath whenever a hurricane is headed towards Florida.

Getting 1 storm right 15 years ago does not make up for all the other time.

The net looks to him because he is their local boob. When Andrew happened, Norcross was the only weatherman to stick his *&^% out and make a real forecast of destruction, devastation, etc. the others placated to media sensationalism. Ever since then, some have looked at him as a god. Had Andrew turned, fizzed out, or any other possible scenario, he would have been outed a long time ago.

"he would have been outed a long time ago."

Nice choice of words :D

Norcross is living through his one storm legacy. Can you blame him? It made him a hero.

Articles on Berardelli say he's happy to resume the Florida lifestyle. That's the way of saying "so long WCBS...you're going to treat me like sh!t and not give me a contract, I'm going to move on to some place that appreciates me".

Good luck to you Jeff.

Archived