Best and worst stations of your travels

bmasters1

To expand on the question I asked a while back about the best and worst stations in your market: what are the best and worst stations you've seen in your travels? Most of my best have been ABC stations (like KCRG in Cedar Rapids, WHAS in Louisville, WAAY in Huntsville, WPDE in Florence/Myrtle Beach, and [this was when my sister Michel was in Homestead, FL] WPLG in Miami).

On the other hand, I really have had only one worst, and it was when I stayed with my sister in Denton, MD, and that was WMDT-47. Albeit it is an ABC station, it is the worst of my travels because, for one thing, it had the nerve to call itself "Delmarva's Choice For More News in Less Time." Tell you the truth, it was hardly my choice! Why, you might ask? Well, their news product is one of the absolute worst I've ever seen. All it consisted of was news and weather; there was no sports segment at all. Fortunately, there was a coffee shop down the street that had great cocoa and sold the Baltimore Sun; that Baltimore paper took up the slack nicely where sports was concerned.

Hmm... I don't travel much, and when I do I don't have the time to watch the news a lot, as in having enough time to really analyze it or whatnot.

I have family in Southeastern NC where I can watch the Wilmington and Florence stations OTA (with the exception of WMBF). I prefer WECT over WWAY, and WPDE over WBTW.

As for other travels, in 2006 I was in DC. I didn't catch much of WUSA, but I really enjoyed WTTG's product... it was very soon after they switched to the "O&O look."

I went to Kansas City a couple years ago, but didn't have the time to watch much news.

Archived