WNBC Names Newscasters for 5pm Slot

j.wer

Good choices. I always thought Tom Llamas was anchor material. They should change the weekends up too so the line-up looks like this:

Weeknights 6pm&11pm: Chuck & Sue

Weeknights 5pm: Tom & Shiba

Weekday Mornings: Michael & Darlene

Weekends 6pm&11pm: David & Erika

Weekend Mornings: Demarco & Pat

Any news on the afternoon lineup: We know the news is on at 5pm, New York Live at 3pm, and Ellen most likely at 4pm. I am guessing Nate Berkus will be on at 2pm, Days of Our Lives at 1pm, and Access Hollywood Live at 11am. Any guesses as to the 12noon hour? Currently it's filled by The Rundown and America's Court with Judge Ross. I wonder if they will return news to that hour as other NBC O&O stations are doing.

sounds good...and that article says it exactly right..we wont really know how each station is doing until the new fall line up starts..also do you think the reason Darlene did not get the spot is because she will probably replace Sue when she eventually retires?

I think they have a strong morning team and they probably felt they shouldn't mess with it.

Llamas was anchoring this past weekend and I think he needs more practice to make him feel more at ease, his delivery seemed rushed.

This should be interesting. I knew Sheiba would end up with a weekday slot. I knew she wouldn't have come to NY without the promise of that... but putting two relatively "unknowns" on at 5PM is a dangerous thing. If it was a 4PM show, I could understand it... but I don't think Tom and Sheiba are going to be pulling viewers away from WABC. Maurice and Kristine certainly don't at WCBS, and I don't think Ernie and Dari on WNYW even show up on the chart.

5PM is news. That's what people expect. If they wanted to introduce new talent, I would have put Sue on the 5 with Llamas and Russell together with Chuck at 6. At least this way you're gaining the Chuck and Sue fans. I can't imagine and inroads at 5pm with this team.

I say Ushery is on at 5 before the end of 2012. Just like what happened with DeMarco Morgan. Llamas will get his shot, but when the needle doesn't budge, out with the new, in with the proven talent.

I, for one, am disappointed that Sue Simmons did not get the 5 back. After all, she was the station's face on the 5PM since 1980. Very disappointed. That said, I also agree that David Ushery should have been given the 5PM co-anchor slot. Come on , the guy is a pro. I don't believe the announced team will be successful.

On an unrelated note...I was watching the stream for earthquake coverage on NBCNewYork.com a few minutes ago, and I have found they used the KNSD/WCAU music for the sports intro...could they change themes soon?

On an unrelated note...I was watching the stream for earthquake coverage on NBCNewYork.com a few minutes ago, and I have found they used the KNSD/WCAU music for the sports intro...could they change themes soon?

They should be. Stephen Arnold Music did this theme for all of the O&Os, so the package should be rolling out to more stations soon. Don't necessarily expect WNBC's version to sound exactly alike though. WCAU's main theme is almost completely different to KNSD's theme.

Archived