KNBC ENG vehicle destroyed by fire

Weeters

Via InstantRiverside.com:

knbctruckfire444.jpg

A truck owned by KNBC-TV caught fire at 10:37 a.m. Friday.

It happened on the 405 freeway in the Sepulveda Pass, according to the station’s website.

One photographer was driving the vehicle northbound near the Getty Center as the truck caught fire.

There were no injuries.

The cause of the fire is unknown.

Maybe it committed car suicide because it had that crappy logo on it. :rofl!:

EDIT: Here's the KNBC story: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/NBC4-News-Truck-Fire-129116298.html

Guest Former Member 207

I was watching KCBS' midday newscast when this occurred, and they had a live shot of the fire. Kent Shocknek took a dig at KNBC (without mentioning them by name) by saying that the vehicle belonged to one of the "smaller" stations in town.

I'm shocked that their ENG SUV had the engine burned out.

YIKES!

I'm also shocked that Channel Four STILL has an Suburban (or was that a Tahoe) for an ENG unit.

I would expect that from WBAL (another NBC station) and WCAU, but not the West Coast flagship station of the Peacock!

I'm shocked that their ENG SUV had the engine burned out.

YIKES!

I'm also shocked that Channel Four STILL has an Suburban (or was that a Tahoe) for an ENG unit.

I would expect that from WBAL (another NBC station) and WCAU, but not the West Coast flagship station of the Peacock!

What's the big deal in having a Suburban as an ENG vehicle? The station has it/had it because it fit their needs, who cares if it was in market #2 or market #100. If I recall correctly, KABC had a mid/late 90's suburban ENG vehicle as well, don't know if they still have it or got rid of it.

Vehicles (especially SUV's) catch on fire whether it's an ENG or not. So what if a "big market" station uses an SUV and an ENG. It's really not a big deal and it still serves its purpose. A couple Chicago stations have a couple SUV's as ENG's. Plus, there are some locations where it's easier and more practical for an SUV to travel than the typical van. The SUV's do much better in muddy conditions too..

I still like what KABC had back in the late '80s / early '90s: (seen from :17 to :20 in the video)

WCAU got a whole new fleet of vans back in January and finally retired the 2 Suburbans they had.

Archived