Rich Eisen meet Alycia Lane (plenty of her, that is)

This was hilarious when Preston and Steve got a hold of this story and just ran with it this morning.

Anyone else hoping Drudge gets the bikini pictures?

No wonder why the traditional "Irish-Catholic" Larry Mendte has had a tirade or two with Alycia. Oh wait, didn't Larry get a divorce years ago? Oh never mind the "traditional" part. Seriously, I agree why would Alycia go after Rich Eisen of all people? I could think of many current and former SportsCenter anchors and ESPN personalities who look better than Eisen.

See folks that's what happens when you hire a homewreckin' whore to be your lead news anchor. I think someone's about ready for another appearance on Dr. Phil.

Maybe she and Eisen's wife should appear on Jerry Springer's show.

Alycia = homewrecker?

Eisen's wife = jealous, uninformed beeyatch

I find it interesting that certain details were left out of the NY Post story... like the fact that Eisen and Lane have known each other for over 10 years and went to the same college. It also left out Lane's responses to Eisen's wife insisting their was a misunderstanding.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_top/20070502_Bikini_breach.html

I see it didn't take long for you or bars to come out and defend her. The point still stands that she sent racey photos of herself to a married man and that constitutes her being a whore in my book. If I found that my girlfriend was getting racey photos from some random dude that I wouldn't know from a can of paint, I'd be a little on the pissed side as well.

See folks that's what happens when you hire a homewreckin' whore to be your lead news anchor. I think someone's about ready for another appearance on Dr. Phil.

Dr. Phil: "Let's do it!"

What's kinda sad is this may be the best thing for CBS 3. Any publicity is good publicity, and as you mentioned here Eric, it sets up for a mega sweeps event unlike any other.

I see it didn't take long for you or bars to come out and defend her.

You might notice- I didn't. So, kindly, don't rope me into defense arguments.

She really should address the situation and apologize for her actions.

From the newspapers article(s), I read that she did: To Eisen's wife.

You might notice- I didn't. So, kindly, don't rope me into defense arguments.

She really should address the situation and apologize for her actions.

From the newspapers article(s), I read that she did: To Eisen's wife.

Settle down. I said or.

Also I meant to her viewers. I know she apologized to Suzy.

Also I meant to her viewers. I know she apologized to Suzy.

1. for what should she apologize to her viewers?

For not letting us see the pics first. Only joking. Seriously though, I don't know that there's a need to apologize on the air. I bet most of the station's listeners don't even know about the whole ordeal.

You'd be surprised Jim.

Eh, I don't know about the matter on second thought after all the ink in the Philly papers and blogs. I also wouldn't be surprised if some people would look at it as "Alycia being Alycia".

I see it didn't take long for you or bars to come out and defend her. The point still stands that she sent racey photos of herself to a married man and that constitutes her being a whore in my book. If I found that my girlfriend was getting racey photos from some random dude that I wouldn't know from a can of paint, I'd be a little on the pissed side as well.

Well she said it was more then her in the pictures a few friends scrunched in on the beach for a picture. I don't think that is a "whore" - ind of harsh words...

Was it the smartest thing, no but we all make mistakes.

several bikini photos sent by Lane - who works for CBS affiliate WKYW-TV and is recently divorced

-

WTF?

Yep, typical uneducated newspaper guy not knowing that KYW and/or KDKA was grandfathered those call letters starting with "K". Next thing you know it's KFAA Dallas or WKDK or WKDKA Pittsburgh.

I certainly wasn't defending her... I was commenting on the NY Post article and how it omitted pertinent information. You know, the type of information that might shed some light on how/why the events unfolded... instead of relying completely on anonymous sources.

she sent racey photos of herself to a married man and that constitutes her being a whore in my book.

Whore? Really? Let's process that idea. She sends vacation pictures to a long-time friend, the friend's wife sees the pictures, gets pissed, and fires off a witty response to the sender. Then the wife forwards the e-mail to friends/media. Fast-forward to you labeling her a 'whore.' How exactly does that word apply?

Bottom line: Eisen and his wife have some communication issues... and Alycia's pictures didn't help the situation.

several bikini photos sent by Lane - who works for CBS affiliate WKYW-TV and is recently divorced

-

WTF?

Yep, typical uneducated newspaper guy not knowing that KYW and/or KDKA was grandfathered those call letters starting with "K". Next thing you know it's KFAA Dallas or WKDK or WKDKA Pittsburgh.

CBS News Division also routinely credits KYW-TV in this fashion.

Whore? Really? Let's process that idea. She sends vacation pictures to a long-time friend, the friend's wife sees the pictures, gets pissed, and fires off a witty response to the sender. Then the wife forwards the e-mail to friends/media. Fast-forward to you labeling her a 'whore.' How exactly does that word apply?

hopdevil, you can't use reason here! ;)

Not that I post that often in here and I'm probably going to add fuel to the fire by commenting but I'm saying something anyway.

Anyone else find it odd in the article from the Philadelphia Inquirer article that Eisen had never mentioned their friendship to his wife? To me if you've been friends with someone for the years and years that they claim to have been friends I would think she would have come up in conversation before. But maybe that's just me I tend to talk about my friends to people I care about...

Archived