KDKA add Susan Koeppen and Kimberly Gill to anchor team

Daybreak

KDKA adds former CBS Early Show Consumer Corespondent Susan Koeppen and former WEWS morning anchor Kimberly Gill to the anchor team. Susan will anchor the 6 and 11 p.m. newscasts and Kimberly Gill will anchor the noon and 4 p.m. newscast. I think thats a good fit for both. Congrats

link:http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11255/1174143-100.stm

Susan is no strangers to Pittsburgh, as she was formerly at WTAE. And, she never left Pittsburgh, and filed a lot of reports for the Early Show from here.

I just read in the Post-Gazette that Stephanie Watson is leaving on September 25th to explore other career opportunities. What a shame, I really like her.

Susan is no strangers to Pittsburgh, as she was formerly at WTAE. And, she never left Pittsburgh, and filed a lot of reports for the Early Show from here.

I just read in the Post-Gazette that Stephanie Watson is leaving on September 25th to explore other career opportunities. What a shame, I really like her.

I heard. Didn't catch her last night but I am sure she was great.

• 2 weeks later...

Really liking Kimberly Gill. Sad Jim's leaving though. Wonder how long his seat will sit vacant before a replacement is named.

I kwown her from her WBTW days and always knew she would go far and indeed she has. And from the looks of it, she doing an excellent job.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump the thread, but this probably belongs here. Susan Koeppen was hospitalized over the weekend after suffering a heart attack. Here's the story from the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:

KDKA-TV news anchor Susan Koeppen remains hospitalized after suffering a heart attack while running with friends.

Koeppen, an award-winning journalist who returned to Pittsburgh airways on Sept. 19 to co-anchor KDKA's 6 and 11 p.m. newscasts, was stricken Sunday while running near the intersection of Centre and South Negley avenues in Shadyside. City police said running partners began performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation and that a passerby used an automated external defibrillator from a nearby business until paramedics arrived.

KDKA general manager Christopher Pike would only say Koeppen was off the air Monday night. He refused further comment "to abide by her family's wishes." Koeppen was a consumer reporter and weekend anchor for WTAE-TV before becoming the consumer correpsondent for CBS News' "The Early Show" in 2004.

KDKA general manager Christopher Pike would only say Koeppen was off the air Monday night. He refused further comment "to abide by her family's wishes."

I'm speaking only on speculation here, but if they can't issue a "she's hospitalized but recovering" comment, then I can't imagine the situation is good at all. I'm praying I'm wrong, but the whole situation just doesn't sound promising.

Regardless, my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family right now.

I'm speaking only on speculation here, but if they can't issue a "she's hospitalized but recovering" comment, then I can't imagine the situation is good at all. I'm praying I'm wrong, but the whole situation just doesn't sound promising.

Regardless, my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family right now.

God forbid KD pulls what WJXT did with the circumstances of George Winterling ie; keeping his condition on the downlow, then turning it into a sweeps period piece.

Archived