FOX ready to pull the plug on "The Simpsons"

Weeters

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/10/04/the-simpsons-money-dispute-may-shut-down-fox-tv-s-long-running-hit.html

Not very suprised. There were rumors a week or so ago about FOX looking to start up a 24/7 Simpsons cable channel, but that had to wait until the series was over. Also, that half-hour is cutting into prescious Seth MacFarlane time Sunday Primetime.

There were rumors a week or so ago about FOX looking to start up a 24/7 Simpsons cable channel, but that had to wait until the series was over.

That and I heard the idea was scrapped for other reasons.

They need to get that show streaming online either via Hulu or Netflix.

Also.. they should have ended the series like ten years ago but whatever...

I'd really hate to see Fox pull The Simpsons since that was my favorite show growing up. They already cancelled "America's Most Wanted", and now this?

If Fox does pull the plug on "The Simpsons", then I would have a feeling that it might be a blow to the network.

In the immortal words of Troy McClure, the show may have become unprofitable.

Although I'm not really sure they'll act on that threat. They just can't end that show without any fanfare, it's been on entirely too long for that. (Although it has been on entirely too long.) If they decide to end it I hope they just do a final season.

Archived