New logo for MSNBC

former newsboy

Didn't see this one coming. MSNBC has a new logo up on their website. I like it, nothing too innovative, just small case letters now instead of caps, but it's nice. Nice font too. Maybe MSNBC wants to start fresh after the whole Imus thing? Have a look...

OLD LOGO

250px-Msnbc.png

NEW LOGO

newLogo_final.gif

The logo online has been there for at least a week or so. I don't know, I'm not thinking that would be a new logo for on-air as well; perhaps it's a new look that makes it easier to differentiate between the webpage and the television style. *shrug*

To note, the logo has been there since around the first of April (see link), but was actually a part of a whole new advertising campaign, but yes, could also be considered a slight modification of the on-screen version. Looking around the site though, you'll probably notice the whole site has a different feel compared to pre-refresh, or atleast the homepage, with some smaller fonts and added gradients

I thought it'd be worth mentioning that when I went to save the image from msnbc.com to "My Pictures", the file had the default name "newLogo_final". Wonder if there's any value to that besides just being the new on-line logo.

Well, it's kind of nice to see something that isn't yelling out at you, like every other logo out there right now. Still, the website does feel a little odd though.

Archived