Morning TV Predictions

jmkcool2002

Josh Elliott gets promoted to "GMA" big desk to co-anchor with Robin Roberts taking over for George Stephanapolous who becomes top anchor at ABC News, Jake Tapper replaces George on "This Week" while Diane Sawyer either joins "20/20" full time or re-starts "Primetime" as the sole anchor of a new primetime newsmagazine, doing big-time interviews. Paula Faris, Bianna Goldyra or Rob Nelson take over Josh's job on "GMA".

If Matt Lauer leaves, he joins CNN/CBS News, which will have merged, to be an anchor maybe of his own primetime show or of CNN Newsroom as well as a 60 Minutes correspondent. David Gregory replaces him while Chuck Todd takes over on "MTP".

If Lauer stays on "Today", Ann Curry will slowly be phased out similar to Deborah Norville and will join either ABC, CNN or an international outlet like BBC or Al-Jazeera. Savannah Guthrie replaces Curry while Tamron Hall is promoted to 9am co-anchor, her MSNBC slot is given to Craig Melvin. Ryan Seacrest also becomes a weekly contributor to the show.

This will all happen before the end of the year.

1. Diane Sawyer has stated that she will be around through this election, and is open to sticking around until the next.

2. When Sawyer steps down, Stephanopoulos is almost sure to have the job (I think it's in his contract), and I think it'd be between Elliot and Muir for the GMA spot. I only bring Muir into the mix because he has been taking a more prominent role at the network, and I don't think ABC would want to lose him.

3. When George moves on from This Week, which wouldn't be until after the Inauguration, Tapper seems to be the leading candidate, but I still don't know why they haven't given it to him yet.

4. If Lauer leaves, he sure as hell wouldn't anchor Newsroom.

5. I don't think that Lauer OR Curry would leave the network...yet.

6. While David Gregory would be a front-runner, I would think that Lester, Natalie and even Seacrest or Willie Geist could be considered.

7. Even if ratings would dip without Lauer, NBC won't be pushing Curry out so fast in order to keep some stability.

8. Also, Natalie is almost guaranteed to be next in line, not Savannah. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tamron Hall as a part of the team within the next few years, but not this year.

9. I'm 90% sure that CBS and CNN will never merge, and 100% sure they wouldn't do it in an election year.

All in all, I think the networks are done making moves for the year, or trying their hardest to keep teams in place for the election.

I don't really see any big changes coming this year..but really the only thing at ABC that i see changing is George Stephanopoulos stepping down as GMA anchor..focusing on "This Week" and the election..and becoming a contributor on GMA and World News..until Diane either retires or moves on from world news...Josh Elliot would most likely get his job..dont really know about NBC and knowing CBS they could change things by next week lol

I don't really see any big changes coming this year..but really the only thing at ABC that i see changing is George Stephanopoulos stepping down as GMA anchor..focusing on "This Week" and the election..and becoming a contributor on GMA and World News..until Diane either retires or moves on from world news...Josh Elliot would most likely get his job..dont really know about NBC and knowing CBS they could change things by next week lol

What are you talking about? CBS This Morning has been doing well and it's the morning show I watch and trust in the morning. And its ratings are going up so far, although it is a little slow. CBS will not change it; it's perfect just the way it is.

What are you talking about? CBS This Morning has been doing well and it's the morning show I watch and trust in the morning. And its ratings are going up so far, although it is a little slow. CBS will not change it; it's perfect just the way it is.

I was joking how CBS is famous for making changes all the time.. But I guess u didnt catch on.. Oh well.

Archived